Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I'd say this is a solid 6/10 from me. It wasn't horrible by any means but felt surprisingly pedestrian and not as energetic or inventive as the trailers led me to believe. I wasn't too hot on the Godzilla remake either but I think they handled a lot of the mythos behind the character well and maybe Kong just isn't at that level. But it felt sloppily edited for a lot of the movie (fights were decent though), you have these giant monsters sneaking up on people somehow and scenes like Hiddleston finding the dog tags/dude's skull and not telling Jackson about it until they're basically at the same spot where he died and so many characters that added nothing to the movie. Was not expecting John C. Reilly to be the most interesting character considering who else was in the cast, although the end credits scene felt completely unearned.

The end fight would have really benefited from Larson's character being awake the whole time when Kong grabs her.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread