Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Vintersorg posted:

"I sometimes don't even know when I'm talking. I wanna kill you right now. Did I say that?"

gently caress, Reilly kills it.

My favorite bit is when he tries to convince the two nerds that the bird sounds coming from the trees were actually giant tree ants. But after seeing the giant bamboo spider crab and log insect, it's hilariously ambiguous whether or not he's loving with them because it's not out of the realm of possibility on this hosed up island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
The Toho Daikaiju Cinematic Universe was well ahead of its time.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Neo Rasa posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS KONG: SKULL ISLAND AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, KONG. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SKULLCRAWLER BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS ISLAND. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

(Giant) Gorilla Mindset.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
What's great about Godzilla is that when he appears, everything stops.. People are screaming in an airport or at a shelter as the MUTOs reign terror, but that first foot landing, that first roar, and every shuts up. Everyone stops moving for just a moment. It's fantastic every time, but that first reveal in Honolulu is amazing - when the music stops as you pan up the building, punctuated by the soldiers launching their flares, and then there he is, even if he's still far too huge to fully comprehend at this point.

He is awesome in the original sense of the word - his very appearance doesn't elicit cheers or screams, just silence and an incredible sense of awe.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

got any sevens posted:

Yeah I've heard Vietnamese are pretty chill with americans now, since they beat us.

Vietnam has always loved America and just wants to be our friend, going all the way back to Ho Chi Minh and his letter to Woodrow Wilson about Asian Self-Determination. But we've always been too loving racist to reciprocate.

Didn't realize they actually filmed in Vietnam, though. That's really cool.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
My favorite part of that article is that Hiddleston drove south to surf and hang out with Chris Hemsworth and get away from all the poo poo that can kill you, to find out that there's been shark sightings in the water there too.

Australia is truly the real-life Skull Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Mighty Peaking Man.

• Locked thread