Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samuel L. Jackson said "hold on to yer butts"! Subtle reference to Jurassic Park or do they just like to hear him say it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kong also has a Batman vendetta against those lizard things. They killed his parents. Good thing he won't be encountering any giant lizards from this point on - he'd probably be really antagonistic towards it!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FastestGunAlive posted:

Wasn't aware that this was a set up for future "monsterverse" movies - what's next? Also, I left after Reilly's credit footage - can someone spoil the other one?

If you already know of the future monsterverse these are barely spoilers but: Hiddleston and Larson are waiting in an interrogation room and saying to anybody who's listening behind the one-way mirror that they won't say anything about the island because they think they're being detained but nobody military shows up. Instead it's the two surviving Monarch scientists, who reveal to Hiddleston and Larson that Kong is not the first monster, not by a long shot. I forget everything they say but ultimately it comes down to a slideshow of various cavepaintings and maybe other various old images/paintings that show silhouettes of Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah. I think Rodan must have been there too because immediately before the footage the credits list Rodan as one of the trademarked properties of Toto but I didn't catch it. The one that shows Ghidorah is clearly of it vs. Godzilla.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DrVenkman posted:

Just thought of something re; post credit scene.

So now the scientists burst in with all this information about these other monsters that are out there. So what was the point in the stuff about Monarch getting shut down at the start? They'd clearly had that information the whole time.

I don't think the Senator, or anyone, would be swayed by some cave drawings. Seems like those other monsters are dormant or hidden anyway. The mission to Skull Island was for proof of one that was walking the Earth at that moment.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Monarch as Gozer worshippers.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

VolticSurge posted:

My favorite was the giant stick insect that just wanted to be left alone.

I was so glad it lived!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Anonymous Robot posted:

If you didn't get hype when Kong unsheathed a tree I don't want to see you around here.

Though I'm not sure why he did that. I thought he was going to use it like a spear but since he used it like a bat, keeping the extra branches would have been like swinging a spiked bat.

But having all the extra branches and leaves taken off also gave the audience a better look at the face smashing so it's all good.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It's cute how it starts with voiceover on a black screen that says "are you having fun in there, sitting in the dark?"

I wish. Theatre staff here all turn the lights on pretty early into the credits and wait there with their garbage bags for the stragglers to leave.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kong could also do one of these:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

got any sevens posted:

I always try to sit about 5-10 rows back, so the screen almost covers my peripheral vision, it rules

Also you're in the sweet spot for the theatre's audio.

• Locked thread