Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
What does Death do when it's out and about, and can you kiss Death?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

C-Euro posted:

It looks like Death is basically the policeman of the graveyard - an added danger/punishment for being out too late.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

The only kiss you get from that guy is the Kiss of Death.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sounds like a good time.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

ChorpSaway posted:

Metaphorically or literally? Or do you mean the mediocre David Caruso flick from 1995?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

ChorpSaway posted:

Lame, but also thank you for finishing the alley-oop I threw up there.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

ChorpSaway posted:

Does he actually kiss you if he catches you? It would pretty much be the best thing ever if there was a 2spooky version of the kiss fanfare and Chorps just drops dead at the end.

"Domo!"

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

And More posted:

Metaphorically or literally? Or do you mean the mediocre David Caruso flick from 1995?

FunkMonkey posted:

Does he actually kiss you if he catches you? It would pretty much be the best thing ever if there was a 2spooky version of the kiss fanfare and Chorps just drops dead at the end.

"Domo!"

I'll make a bonus video about it, where I show off unique game overs and stuff.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

C-Euro posted:

Depending on the language setting, you might get the French kiss of death.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

ChorpSaway posted:

I'll make a bonus video about it, where I show off unique game overs and stuff.

Man, my storm clouds are already turning into quavers. I can tell. :allears:

Scalding Coffee posted:

Depending on the language setting, you might get the French kiss of death.

I assume there is no Eskimo language setting. :(

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Chorps, what pattern do I have to wait through in order to get your kiss?

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
That sounds like something that would be actual mythology in this kiss-based world.
Young or old, rich or poor, popular or not, the Lover's Tree knows that all who live have at least one kiss waiting for them at the end.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I wonder how anime will feel learning that her dad likes kissing little boys.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Leal posted:

I wonder how anime will feel learning that her dad likes kissing little boys.

Basically everybody and everything in this town likes kissing little boys, with so far the exceptions of Anime and the Grim Reaper.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Ratoslov posted:

Basically everybody and everything in this town likes kissing little boys, with so far the exceptions of Anime and the Grim Reaper.
Come to think of it, have we ever seen Anime and the Grim Reaper in the same place at the same time?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

FractalSandwich posted:

Come to think of it, have we ever seen Anime and the Grim Reaper in the same place at the same time?

Anime is death!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

White Coke posted:

Anime is death!

Anime is blood

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Anime was a mistake.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Did the same people behind little king's story make this previously?

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Did the same people behind little king's story make this previously?

Chulip and Little King's Story have the same director and designer.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

God, this is such a bizarre game. No matter how many times I watch the videos I can't retain any of the information.

Like, I just recently noticed that the thumbnail has been changing. That's how bad it's been.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Scalding Coffee posted:

I was hoping for a good streaking like with Saints Row, but it was not meant to be.

Does anything noteworthy happen if you talk to anyone else while naked? Apart from getting in trouble with the law, that is.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Cockmaster posted:

Does anything noteworthy happen if you talk to anyone else while naked? Apart from getting in trouble with the law, that is.

There are some lines that you can only get if you talk to them while naked but the only other purpose besides kissing Turtle Boy is to get a crime stamp for it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Let me guess: there is a kiss that requires a crime stamp. Because we need to prove we're a bad boy.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Well remember that the police officer hasn't really had any plot since he explained the crime stamps...

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

Let me guess: there is a kiss that requires a crime stamp. Because we need to prove we're a bad boy.

I'm predicting that you need them all to get arrested by the cop, who will be so loving stoked at finally getting a collar that it'll be smoochin' time.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

FunkMonkey posted:

I'm predicting that you need them all to get arrested by the cop, who will be so loving stoked at finally getting a collar that it'll be smoochin' time.

Dear Penthouse,

I never thought it would happen to me...

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

The long lips of the law.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, young Chorps returns to his quest to recover all of the items in the Love Letter Set, and his mission leads him straight to Funny Bone City. At the farthest point from Long Life Town that he can go, Chorps is given another task by a teacher...

Characters Introduced This Episode

Ad Balloon
A girl floating near the Funny Bone Factory. She's trying to fly away from the area, but she can't get enough air. The higher-ups at the factory have decided that her stunts are equivalent to advertisement for them.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
4 Kyuurself teach.

Of all the kissable characters, Ad Balloon is the hardest hitter in the game. I think she kicks for 25 hearts, which made her terrifying when I tried to kiss her at a lower level. The two heaviest penalties in the game on the same screen and not even Death hits that hard if you failed kissing him a few times.

The faces of the factory workers are the best.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's a common face drawn with Japanese characters that shows up in a lot of things.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Holy poo poo 30 vacation days a year? Sign me the gently caress up.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Today, thanks to our incredible recruitment skills, the bigwigs at the Funny Bone Factory have given us an opportunity to tour the factory! With our comic book in hand and a lot of time to waste, young Chorps finds himself deep in the heart of capitalism, but what he finds may not match what he saw in the advertisements...

Characters Introduced Last Episode That I Forgot to Introduce

Mr. Saito
A retired teacher who now lives outside Funny Bone Factory. He is well-versed in many martial arts and board games. He wants to see Poor Boy climb the corporate ladder.

Box Man
A philosophical man who lives in a box. He would love to talk about life with someone. Maybe you can get him to open up?

Robot King
An old-school robot toy who commands other toys. He enjoys talking walks late at night.

Mecha Yodzilla
The robotic older brother to Yodzilla, though he's not much bigger. It seems he's gotten several enhancements thanks to his time at the factory, including a new roar.

Jigsaw
A kid with a puzzle piece for a head. He feels like he's missing something in life, maybe someone can help him feel whole.

The name of this thing explains a lot of the names at the factory, huh. The more you know.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Looks like we are going to sneak around with Solid Snake in order to kiss him.

What was that train driver doing with those hand signals?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

Looks like we are going to sneak around with Solid Snake in order to kiss him.

What was that train driver doing with those hand signals?

Train operators on some lines in Japan will (would?) use semaphore signals like that to communicate with operators and customers, like arrival/departure, etc. There's a lot of pointing in particular. It's just an exaggerated demonstration of that.

Funny Bone Factory wasn't very funny :(

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 22, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FunkMonkey posted:

Funny Bone Factory wasn't very funny :(

Just like hitting your funny bone.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Today, little Chorps was given a letter to deliver during his last shift, so he's taking the day off in order to pass it along! That's not all he'll do on his short vacation to Scarecrow Field though, as there are many kisses to discover there, and at least one of them will provide and fantastic quality-of-life improvement. We also get a small glimpse at the next Love Letter Set mission and help a man find companionship in a common hobby.

Mrs. Iwata
A retired teacher who now lives in Scarecrow Field. She's a UFO enthusiast and interested in extraterrestrial life. She wants you to believe, too.

Scarecrow
The titular scarecrow of Scarecrow Field. He used to be an important figure within Funny Bone Factory, but has since retired. He'd love to know what his friends are up to.

Miss Clam
A lady living in a clam shell. She seems a little under the weather, and she has difficulty opening up. Maybe you could do something to warm her up first.

Target
A rich guy who's under fire from a Sniper. He's scared to go out, but he also really needs to use the bathroom.

Sniper
An assassin out to kill Target. He has incredible accuracy and range, so be careful around him. He won't let his guard down when he's looking down his scope.

20 Year Old Guy
A young man. It's unknown why he sits out like that all day, but maybe if you pass by him very carefully...

Man Spider
A spider with a face on its abdomen. Is that his true face, or merely a decoy to attract victims? No one's quite sure.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
What kinda peaceful city has a trained assassin shooting anyone that comes within a farming district?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
After the disappointment of the previous episode having no kisses and being a normal work day, this one made up for it in spades. The addition of :bignews: was a super bonus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Highwang posted:

What kinda peaceful city has a trained assassin shooting anyone that comes within a farming district?
Farmers have been known to shoot varmints. I think my first time there was also a terrifying time without getting shot. Not even the hardest hitter either.

• Locked thread