Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Mr. Suzuki has it right. Fuckin' uncultured poor kid doesn't even know to open his letters with a seasonal reference. Anime deserves better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

NejD posted:

My cousin has been dating the same girl since they were both 12 and they're 17 now and they didnt even have a magical tree that forces you to be with someone forever.
As far as you know. Have you asked?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kangra posted:

So everyone just casually knows we're poor and doesn't mind saying so, we get blamed for any crime we get close to, and if we're on the street at night the police might shoot us with no questions asked?

If this wasn't a Japanese game I'd think they were trying to say something.
I can't believe Chorps is LPing a review copy of Persona 5.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm extremely happy with that Shinkansen gag. 10/10, game of the century.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
The Tokaido Shinkansen is the most important long-distance rail line in Japan, and maybe in the world, so in context, I think a Japanese person would at least recognise those stations as its major stops. Even if they didn't know the exact order off the top of their head, they'd at least know what to look up. If you're a foreigner, though? Good luck, fucker.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 25, 2017

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
My anonymous sources seem to agree.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Ratoslov posted:

Basically everybody and everything in this town likes kissing little boys, with so far the exceptions of Anime and the Grim Reaper.
Come to think of it, have we ever seen Anime and the Grim Reaper in the same place at the same time?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Zagglezig posted:

I feel we can appreciate the accidental pun and the intended pun. So we've got Mr. Cheap+teapot who sells old junk and Cheapot's Depot, the finest local hotspot for affordable antiques.
Also I just now realized in Japanese it's probably chipot, because there is no ti=tea sound in the J-alphabet (the t section goes ta, chi, tsu, te, to), so English would just respell it and keep the pun.
Him and his shop are both called "Tsuboyasu" in Japanese. "Tsubo" meaning "pot" and "yasu" meaning "cheap", essentially. If it's supposed to be a pun on anything, it's not obvious to me.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Demicol posted:

The alien is required for the main plot? How are you supposed to figure out you need the cola.

Also most of the alien language was just random Japanese words, it seems like. Wonder if they were in English in the original.
It's exactly the same in Japanese, word for word. The random Japanese words "translate" to other Japanese words.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Flac posted:

If you look at the computer the alien made, there's supposed to be a message onscreen but it won't tell you what it is. I'm almost certain this is a translation error, based on the words they give you in the dictionary it should say "Dempou soccer", which would be "Insert canned juice" in the alien language, to tell you to put in a can. Don't know how you'd know it should be Funny Cola that works but would've been better to go on than nothing.
Oh, you're exactly right. It's supposed to say "Soccer dempou. Kurumaisu dempou."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Also, I've been catching up on Cocoa Disaster, and you wankers got me interested in Recreators, which apparently isn't available in Australia and I don't want to pirate it. Definitely unsubscribing and leaving you a 0/5 star review on iTunes.

• Locked thread