Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InspectorSands
Feb 19, 2011

I am here to inspect your kitchen sink!
I might be overthinking it, but the joke with the wooden gong "sounding good" might be that it sounds like it's saying yoi, yoi, yoi or good in Japanese. So it sounds good because it literally says good? I dunno, weird Japanese game?

The fortune teller actually starts accepting you from 4pm onward. You can also get him to trigger more than once per day and I don't even think it's random (at least I've gotten him to stop me like every time I go through until he stops talking to you, which is the time I think you just hit in the video before you entered the tunnel the second time), but the hint might be the same for each day? The fortune is different, this game isn't nice enough to give you unlimited uses of a health restoration thing like that.

Thing about the fortune teller's hint about the correct way to take a bath? It's wrong. Either there was a mistranslation somewhere or I was just dumb and didn't realize some line meant what it was supposed to mean, but when I took notes when I tried playing through this game as blind as possible, the notes I took did not mention anything about standing on the bucket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorSands
Feb 19, 2011

Yeah, if you show the popsicle to the people around the town, they'll hint at things like "it has an apple flavor" and I think even "it helps you sleep well". Often, if it looks like there's no way anyone would figure out what to do, the hint is buried in showing an item to one of the townsfolk.

Except gently caress the bathing, seriously.

InspectorSands
Feb 19, 2011

Flac posted:

I really thought I was onto something :( oh well, saying it like teapot rolls off the tongue better anyways.

On the subject of names, I've been wondering about Julie and Michelle, is it possible that their names were originally Juri and Michiru but got Romanized by the translation? I think it's weird how their names are English while there's characters like Goro and Batayan who went unchanged, and how Japanese the game's setting is to begin with.

Yuri and Michiru. Pretty close.

InspectorSands
Feb 19, 2011

Now that it's over, is this when we tell you it's Worldy Desire Temple and not Worldly Desires Temple?

Always great to see Chulip done. I think that if anyone else decides to LP this in the future, we could do with more getting to know the townsfolk and such, showing them items and hearing their stories. Same thing with showing off some of the more bullshit parts of the game with how much something can damage you and just how easy it is to die and lose progress. Perfect runs are nice, but I think this game loses a lot when you do it too well and know what to do, so you rush straight for the goal and miss the solution. Some sidequests could also be spread into more parts so the entire story isn't spelled out in one video, though that means co-commentators might forget all about it and it wouldn't have the effect you want.

A lot of COMPLAINTS, but no dissin' here, Chorps. It was solid Chulipping.

• Locked thread