Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I remember watching Jamesman's LP as well back when I first came across the Archive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

C-Euro posted:

The dude in the telephone pole wasn't Mr Suzuki, was it? The faces looked pretty similar.

Short answer: No, we'll be learning both his name and his deal soon enough.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Actually Mr. Suzuki is not the principal, in fact the Principal doesn't appear even until near the very end of the game. Suzuki's just a teacher like Mr. Yamada, hence why they have the same face.

Also pretty sure the black thing's a mustache on Champ's face.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 19, 2017

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

ChorpSaway posted:

Guess I got confused since Yamada goes to him about the money issues.

To be fair, I believe Suzuki is the character who explains the whole school issue to the player meaning he knows the most about it as well as being the only teacher who lives in Long Life Town beside Yamada and the only one who hasn't retired/quit.

quote:

Also it looks like he has three teeth around that black void on his face.

Yeah, I might be wrong on Champ since there are no clear screenshots of him from the front.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Wow, Jamesman had it a lot rougher with Miss Thick Glasses.

Also just you guys wait, this game can be a complete motherfucking bastard at times and especially at night.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Oh hey, you're giving each Love Letter Set piece to Suzuki when you actually get them since the game automatically boots you to the next day when you give him any of the three pieces meaning that waiting until you got all three pieces is just going to waste time.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 10, 2017

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Cockmaster posted:

Does anything noteworthy happen if you talk to anyone else while naked? Apart from getting in trouble with the law, that is.

There are some lines that you can only get if you talk to them while naked but the only other purpose besides kissing Turtle Boy is to get a crime stamp for it.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I forgot if this was brought up before but it's easy to get the train by going to WDT and FBF but only to learn what you need to do, going to SCF and digging though the junkyard at the far corner passed 20 year old guy's hole, returning to LLT and kissing the conductor to unlock the pass, and finally selling the junk to Cheapot to get enough money for the pass as well as other supplies.

Ideally you want to get it early so it'll pay for itself but you still have a lot to do, mainly in SCF.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
We have finished the love letter set but that does not meant the game is over. However, it does mean that I can share what I consider the best optimized path based on both this and Jamesman's play through:
  • First and foremost, collect a lot of the valuable garbage and sell it to Cheapot. Bare in mind that this will likely require multiple trips. I'd also recommended kissing Leo, Sniper, and Target while you you do this.
  • Next, get Goro sent to the Graveyard as well as the run ability. This may require completing the wooden gong quest so bare that in mind and kissing Agony Man is also recommended. Then you'll also need to kiss Thief Tip Toe IV and get sent to the graveyard yourself as Julie gives you a ticket back to Long Life Town when you free yourself and Goro.
  • Lastly instead of going home, go to Funny Bone Factory and talk to the teacher there. You'll also get the help wanted ad but don't worry about actually doing anything here. Once you return home, you'll kiss the conductor which allows you to buy the train pass. If you've completed the gong quest by this point, talk to Suzuki and turn in the love letter set piece.
And now, you should have the Train Pass meaning you should be set for the rest of the game.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Technically, Chorps actually broke sequence in regard to Michelle's kiss as you're actually supposed to visit her to learn about cult before digging up the pot. The does hint at the cult itself when you read the posters on the wall below the train station.

Likewise, you are expected to first meet Mika much earlier than you actually did and visit her between leveling up and unlike the Train Pass where kissing him was optional, you are required to kiss Leo in order to complete this side story why it's a good idea to kiss him early. Her side story is easily one of the saddest in this game.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
This game was definitely made with the adventure game mindset though it does differ in that it didn't have the complete sadism that old adventure games, specifically during the Zork text-based era, were notorious for where you could achieve an unwinnable state within the first ten minutes of the game that you would not know was such until several hours in, sometimes even on the penultimate screen.

A particularly infamous example is the Xenomorph from Space Quest 2 that if you let kiss you will result in you dying from a Chestburster on the very last screen before the ending.

Thanks for LPing this.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Yeah, you were intended to give the folks in LLT a Your Card to get each of their cards which you would then show to each person to learn about the owner of the card.

Worth noting that showing cards to Michelle only works after you've kissed her as she's still in her cult prior to this which forbids her from complaining to anyone but her pot.

Certain characters also very specific responses:
  • Mrs. Plum for example will tell you people's ages while showing her card to others will result in them telling you how old they believe she is.
  • The aforementioned Michelle will give her opinion on other characters.
  • Dr. Dandy will tell you the other characters' diseases.
  • And showing people Julie's card, which is actually just a photo of her, will result in them giving their opinion of her grilled chicken.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 31, 2017

• Locked thread