Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

SpiritualDeath posted:

Remember Hallice Cooke? He's playing for us next year

That's good, I thought he had health issues. He was always close to being good enough to start, but just didn't quite put it together at ISU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

how the gently caress arizona not gonna get a 1 seed

bear the gently caress down wildcats

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ramadu posted:

how the gently caress arizona not gonna get a 1 seed

bear the gently caress down wildcats

Yeah Gonzaga doesn't deserve that poo poo. They never play anyone good aside from St. Mary's.

It's so annoying that they get rewarded for winning a ton in their conference. Yet schools like Butler could never get higher than a 5 seed when they would roll through their conferences like the Horizon.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nolan Arenado posted:

Iowa being first four out really hurts, that means a win over Indiana probably would have gotten them in. :smith:

Or if the Minnesota game hadn't been stolen

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm phone posting so I can't really look it up. Were there any snubs this year?

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

pubic works project posted:

Yeah Gonzaga doesn't deserve that poo poo. They never play anyone good aside from St. Mary's.
It's almost as if Gonzaga beat Arizona and has more top 50 wins???

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

It's so annoying that they get rewarded for winning a ton in their conference. Yet schools like Butler could never get higher than a 5 seed when they would roll through their conferences like the Horizon.

This would ring a little truer if they didn't play and beat Arizona this year. Iowa State and Florida are good wins too.

Yeah their conference sucks for sure though.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Would Wichita State have made the tournament if they didn't get the MVC autobid...?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah I think they would have. Illinois State came close and missed but they had more bad losses than Wichita State.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Depending on how you feel about Illinois St whooping up on an awful Valley not really. The bubble was such trash it's hard to be too fired up about anyone who missed it. But also yes Iowa was robbed imo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I know they beat Arizona, but the committee does focus on the more recent games. Arizona had injuries at the beginning of the season and then they went on the get a share of the PAC-12 and win their tourney. That weighs more to me than what Gonzaga did.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

For actually making the tournament? I don't think so. Everyone left out had pretty weak resumes.

For seeding, I think Arizona should've been a 1 over Gonzaga. FSU maybe too high at 3, but it's debatable.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I doubt anyone is hype for the Deacs but I'M SO loving HAPPY YOU GUYS

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Wake Forest / Northwestern championship game, empty-quote if you're down.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At least they didn't bend over backwards to put in Syracuse this time

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You'd damned well better win the play-in game after all that talking during the Big 12 tournament.

Also because Bruce Weber doesn't deserve any good things, ever.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

Wake Forest / Northwestern championship game, empty-quote if you're down.

Actually gently caress northwestern and their poo poo head coach and their insufferable journalist alumni

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm happy that you're happy, bro

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

An 8 loss team is not a 2 seed

gently caress Duke

UNC has 7 losses and went 1-2 vs. Duke so if they deserve a 1 seed then hard to argue Duke doesn't dserve a 2

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

You'd damned well better win the play-in game after all that talking during the Big 12 tournament.

Also because Bruce Weber doesn't deserve any good things, ever.

Listen, IF K-State plays how they did especially against WVU our guards will roast them.. Maybe they have some power level I haven't seen yet but yeah.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/lukewinn/status/841052247186366465

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bird in a Blender posted:

ISU playing in Milwaukee. I'm tempted to drive up from Chicago.

this but Purdue

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Listen, IF K-State plays how they did especially against WVU our guards will roast them.. Maybe they have some power level I haven't seen yet but yeah.

Will definitely be cheering for you.

Adun posted:

UNC has 7 losses and went 1-2 vs. Duke so if they deserve a 2 seed then hard to argue Duke doesn't

Speaking of losses further down the bracket goddamn Vandy has a ton of them. Including a 20 point loss to Mizzou.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Haha that's funny where FSU is.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I hope Duke gets crushed and grayson allen takes a swing at a ref

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

FSU is gonna be the highest ranked team to lose their first game

Dunk City 4 lyfe

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm happy that Seton Hall has made two straight tourneys but man the South is a tough bracket, I think we can make it to at least the Sweet 16 before getting bowled over

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

The committee is such a loving joke. It's incredible.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

uncurable mlady posted:

I hope Duke gets crushed and grayson allen takes a swing at a ref

:same:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Wichita St with the rare KenPom rank (8) better than their actual seed (10)

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm attending the Sacramento games, and I would enjoy watching John Collins so I hope they advance from Dayton.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

how about Minnesota getting 3 seeds higher w/ the same circumstances of Wisconsin finishing ahead of them in both regular season and tournament and Minnesota beating no one in non conference

I mean gently caress Wisconsin and all, but if they're judging by the last 10 games of the season only Duke SHOULD be a 1 and Michigan should be the highest seeded team in the Big 10, which would obviously be stupid as hell

I was a little surprised by this as well. However.....you have a few things wrong. The Gophers beat three tournament teams in the non-conference.....including two power five teams (Arkansas & Vandy). Also.....the Gophers have a VERY high RPI......which has a major influence on seeding.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Can't wait for MTSU to beat Minnesota.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
the committee did a god job of picking the field, horrible hob seeding them

only team left out i thought should have been in was illinois state instead of a 15 loss vandy

the seeding is awful tho

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
seeding is all over the map

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Poque posted:

Wichita St with the rare KenPom rank (8) better than their actual seed (10)

Looked it up for the hell of it, the only other time a KenPom top 10 team had a double digit seed was 2014 Tennessee. Pomeroy had them ranked #10, they were an 11 seed.

Tennessee advanced to the Sweet 16 and lost to 2 seed Michigan by 2. They did avoid Duke in the round of 32 because Mercer beat them in the first round.

e: Oh Tennessee had to play a play in game too, they beat Iowa there.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 13, 2017

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Regnevelc posted:

Can't wait for MTSU to beat Minnesota.

U mad bro?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

About what?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Probably Magic posted:

K-State will still beat Wake Forest, though. :smith:

105 to 103 so it will be one helluva game.

I'm hoping Wake wins though.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I think one of the non-16 play-in game winners has won at least one more game every season since its inception, feels like the KSU/WF winner has a real chance against Cincy

Yup, every season so far, and three of six have won twice after their Dayton game

2011: #11 VCU, F4
2012: #12 South Florida, R32
2013: #13 La Salle, S16
2014: #11 Tennessee, S16
2015: #12 Dayton, R32
2016: #11 Wichita St, R32

Poque fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 13, 2017

• Locked thread