Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Grittybeard posted:

Here's a straight link to the group by the way, if Bird in a Blender wants to throw it in the OP or something. It does not include the play in games which is why I was in a hurry just now looking it up, so we've got time to get more people in.

http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2017/en_CA/group?groupID=1734242

Good point, I threw it in the OP.

Edit: And now it's also at the top of this page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jeez looking back at that mural I was talking about it wasn't a UMKC jersey at all, my memory is faded. It's some random jersey.

But the Liefeld-worthy imaginary muscles are almost as bad as I remembered.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
It's an NAIA jersey to signify their greatest accomplishment

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Speaking of gently caress Duke ESPN played NCAA pictionary at some point today and this happened when Jay Williams was up:

The answer was Duke Blue Devil, and that's supposed to be Grayson Allen tripping someone and not what everyone in the world thinks of at first

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jon Bois did a very long video on the time Troy State beat DeVry(!) 253-141
https://youtu.be/T4afzQyGo5Q
Sure enough, this video started a Wikipedia editing war.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

poetry.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Speaking of gently caress Duke ESPN played NCAA pictionary at some point today and this happened when Jay Williams was up:

The answer was Duke Blue Devil, and that's supposed to be Grayson Allen tripping someone and not what everyone in the world thinks of at first

wildcats, bitch

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Please change the thread to the Ashley Judd Appreciation Station.

Her trolling of UK trumpsters is like watching a supernova.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/coachingchanges/status/842039725963763713

It's me, I am The Unknowable Source

I'm not sure I even want this. It would be very funny on a personal level but I don't want Illinois to be good. How do they feel about stocking their roster exclusively with transfers who got kicked out of somewhere else following an arrest? Maybe he can't "recruit" as well there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stay away from our coach you dicks.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

MourningView posted:

I'm not sure I even want this. It would be very funny on a personal level but I don't want Illinois to be good. How do they feel about stocking their roster exclusively with transfers who got kicked out of somewhere else following an arrest? Maybe he can't "recruit" as well there.

The local beat guy in Lafayette says Josh Whitman (Who's dad was my High School Chemistry teacher) is a 'Zo Martin fan going back to when Josh was a schoolkid in West Lafayette. He seems to think that 'Zo might end up at Illinois.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

IcePhoenix posted:

Stay away from our coach you dicks.

LSU basketball has been in bad shape for a long time now. That doesn't appear to be a bad hire, if they can pull it off.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

There has been no talk of Hoiberg leaving the Bulls from Chicago media. He's got 3 years and $15 million left on his deal.

If Illinois is going to spend that kind of money, there are better options. I'm pretty sure it'll end up being Cuonzo Martin but I'd love to see them make a move for Majerle.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hoiberg going to Illinois right now is way too hilarious to actually happen.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MourningView posted:

This time, I actually really do believe that Hoiberg is not going to leave his current team, especially for Illinois. I honestly wonder if Hoiberg will bother to continue coaching if the Bulls fire him, at college, or at the NBA level. He used to be a front office guy, and I would expect him to go back to that somewhere.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He's super young still, would immediately be at the top of the list for basically every college job with an opening, and could command a big salary at that level, it seems pretty inevitable to me that it happens eventually. The worst scenario for me is that ISU completely tanks next year once they graduate all Hoiberg's players and cans Prohm to bring Hoiberg back

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

There is zero chance the Bulls fire Hoiberg. He'd have to want out and at that money I can't see it happening.

I also think it's much more likely that if the Bulls want a new coach they'll just move him to a front office position in the organization.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MourningView posted:

He's super young still, would immediately be at the top of the list for basically every college job with an opening, and could command a big salary at that level, it seems pretty inevitable to me that it happens eventually. The worst scenario for me is that ISU completely tanks next year once they graduate all Hoiberg's players and cans Prohm to bring Hoiberg back

He's super young, but has a bad heart. I'm pretty sure he's stated before that sometimes he worries about the stress from coaching and what it does to him. It's the only reason I think he goes to a front office somewhere, possibly even back at ISU in the athletic department, but more likely in the NBA.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kibner posted:

LSU basketball has been in bad shape for a long time now. That doesn't appear to be a bad hire, if they can pull it off.

It's a bad hire for my team, stay away from our coach you dick.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I also do not want Pitino to leave Minnesota

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

IcePhoenix posted:

:glomp:

Tygor!
Mar 7, 2017

Someday we'll be good again. Someday.
The latest I'm hearing from premium boards is (offers):

Missouri offered Cuonzo Martin 3.5m/yr
Illinois offered Tony Bennett 4.8m/yr

From the above, Missouri is idiotic offering that to Martin who isn't a great coach. Bennett likely won't leave Virgina, even if it doubles his salary but he'll get paid either way. But I'm guessing one of Bennett, Archie, Marshall, or Bryce Drew will coach here for that much.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I should mention that coaching changes twitter is awful and wrong all the time, I posted it mostly because I thought a "unnamed unverified" source was a very funny concept. He's posted rumors of Fran being on the verge of leaving Iowa for at least two consecutive seasons with absolutely nothing to back it up

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
17.5M/5 for Cuonzo? Jesus.

Please take the offer so we don't screw up and hire you.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

That same twitter is claiming that Phrom is interviewing for the LSU job as well.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Yes. Pitino's leaving a 20-win NCAA tournament team from which he's losing 0 starters and 1 rotation player. This passes the smell test.

Don't be sad about "unknown and unverified", Goldy fans! Be excited for hearing the traditionalists complain about the Jelly!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h87Mq14oal4&t=33s

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

IcePhoenix posted:

It's pretty amazing how this has turned around in a year, last season Gopher fans would've driven him to Baton Rouge themselves.

Tygor! posted:

The latest I'm hearing from premium boards is (offers):

Missouri offered Cuonzo Martin 3.5m/yr
Illinois offered Tony Bennett 4.8m/yr

From the above, Missouri is idiotic offering that to Martin who isn't a great coach. Bennett likely won't leave Virgina, even if it doubles his salary but he'll get paid either way. But I'm guessing one of Bennett, Archie, Marshall, or Bryce Drew will coach here for that much.

I don't think Bennett is unbuyable exactly but Illinois probably isn't the job for him. He's definitely not going to make any headway in the Chicago AAU pool. But maybe this is Illinois' last attempt to avoid doing that?

elentar fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 15, 2017

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
CUONZO

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

I also do not want Pitino to leave Minnesota

Same

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Bird in a Blender posted:

He's super young, but has a bad heart. I'm pretty sure he's stated before that sometimes he worries about the stress from coaching and what it does to him. It's the only reason I think he goes to a front office somewhere, possibly even back at ISU in the athletic department, but more likely in the NBA.

Lemme tell you about this guy named Urban Meyer....

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
We offered Cuonzo 18M? Ugh

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

^^^
I think he's going to Mizzou. Word is he already resigned from Cal.

Probably Magic posted:

Lemme tell you about this guy named Urban Meyer....

Yea, but Hoiberg has legit had multiple heart surgeries.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lots of smoke Martin may bring the Porter brothers to Missouri and their family as well.

This is why you make them sign a letter of intent, Washington.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
LOIs are garbage for the player and no 5* should ever sign one.

But also lol Mizzou

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

MourningView posted:

LOIs are garbage for the player and no 5* should ever sign one.

But also lol Mizzou

If the Porters end up at Mizzou thoooo >>>>>>>>>>>

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
If Martin can actually recruit St. Louis this is a fine hire.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

the mean lunch lady posted:

If the Porters end up at Mizzou thoooo >>>>>>>>>>>

Mike's definitely one and done, I don't follow recruiting closely enough to know how good the others are. Dude did just lose in the first round with Jalen Brown and Ivan Rabb on his team though

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Imagine the poo poo storm in Washington if they lose Porter. They have to be like uh that was the ONE reason we kept you, Lorenzo!

The other brothers are both 4*

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 15, 2017

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

MourningView posted:

Mike's definitely one and done, I don't follow recruiting closely enough to know how good the others are. Dude did just lose in the first round with Jalen Brown and Ivan Rabb on his team though

He'll at least get the program back to being respectable. That's my main care right now. The last three years have been depressing as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I suddenly am not sure if both Jontae and Kevin Porter are related. They're both in the 2018 class and look nothing alike.

edit: AAAANNNNDDD I just saw a rumor surface that Romar is about to get fired. It just exploded on twitter.

edit 2: ARRREEE YYOUUU REEEADDY

Percy Allen

@percyallen

@UW_MBB players told to gather on campus for team meeting at 3:30. Told they'll find out then what will happen to Lorenzo Romar.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 15, 2017

• Locked thread