Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
DEACS

BITCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I doubt anyone is hype for the Deacs but I'M SO loving HAPPY YOU GUYS

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

You'd damned well better win the play-in game after all that talking during the Big 12 tournament.

Also because Bruce Weber doesn't deserve any good things, ever.

Listen, IF K-State plays how they did especially against WVU our guards will roast them.. Maybe they have some power level I haven't seen yet but yeah.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SpiritualDeath posted:

I'm attending the Sacramento games, and I would enjoy watching John Collins so I hope they advance from Dayton.

JC is a boss and Bryant Crawford was frankly robbed from HM All-ACC Honors. He is really loving good and has swagger out the rear end so he can be super fun to watch when he's on.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

the committee did a god job of picking the field, horrible hob seeding them

only team left out i thought should have been in was illinois state instead of a 15 loss vandy

the seeding is awful tho

Agreed. Hey Andichu, thoughts on Wake/K-State? I actually like our chances. The teams that kill us are teams that can run with us, which K-State decidedly cannot.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Syracuse fans are loving SALTY. It's amazing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RumbleFish posted:

Extremely same.

But seeing as we haven't won a tournament game in 40 years, I'm gonna start small here and just hope that we beat Marquette.

RUMBY

MY DEACS MADE IT YAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Regnevelc posted:

Does that mean Boeheim isn't really retiring?

That's what Syracuse fans are thinking and they're over the moon about it but I've been thinking Boeheim is running out of steam for a couple years now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Democrazy posted:

Despite how happy it makes me as a UConn fan, the downside of their domination is that it really brings attention away from all the great games that are being played. The women's tournament has had some great runs by the likes of Quinnipiac and Oregon, but you would never know it from the overall coverage, unfortunately.

I will never watch a large amount of women's basketball until Geno Auriemma fucks off.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TBeats posted:

What's wrong with him

He's the Brock Lesnar of Women's basketball.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nolan Arenado posted:

I really don't see how UConn could be good for womens basketball. I remember in some past years when there were actually several teams that could win the title, I would watch womens ncaa tournament games. But I have no interest when I know how it's going to end already.

Bingo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

People's complaint about women's basketball is a major reason why I don't follow the NBA at all. The same 2-3 teams (or players, more specifically) win every year. The lack of competitive balance really hurts it for me.

NCAAB though, that's my jam. I'm that weird guy that loves NCAAB but barely follows the NBA.

There is way more variance in the NBA than in women's college ball. Which says a LOT.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

I mean the NCAA is still mostly the same programs at or near the top every year. To the extent it has parity it's because they decide the title with a single elimination tournament. If it went to an NBA like playoff it'd probably be some combination of Duke/Kentucky/Kansas/UNC/MSU year after year. Basketball is inheriently a hard sport to have parity in. The best players have too significant of an impact and there are too many scoring opportunities.

Agreed, I'm just saying UConn women's basketball is next level poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

I'm inclined to agree that it makes it kinda boring but I also don't really see a way to fix it unless you want to ban him from the sport for being to good at his job. It's not like they're doing something wrong, they're just way better. I guess appreciate that you're watching history? Presumably it will end eventually just like UCLA basketball in the Wooden era

Oh I'm not at all saying it's wrong. I'm just saying it makes me completely disinterested in the sport.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.bloggersodear.com/2017/...ing-aminu-deacs

DEACS. BITCH.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So are these all Adidas schools?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Apparently 10 people are being charged. 4 coaches at programs, 3 ÀAU guys I think it was, an Adidas exec, and ???

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Louisville also implicated. They're an Adidas school though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Apparently the FBI is saying that in some cases they consider the schools victims?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sum posted:

Could someone who's a good law knower explain exactly what illegal thing happened here besides Player Paying in the First Degree

Ain't the crime, it's the cover up. In short they absolutely did illegal poo poo, but it was more to avoid the NCAA. It's not quite that simple but this is kinda some war on drugs poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

uncurable mlady posted:

as a bonus, louisville getting the death penalty and pitino being fired will probably cause the majority of the great commonwealth of kentucky to collapse into a smugness singularity emanating from the general area of lexington

Just lmao if you think Cal isn't next.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ch3cooh posted:

Employees of Nike EYBL have been subpoenaed.

The FBI is burning it to the ground

If this fucks programs and not the NCAA then this is garbage.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

americanzero4128 posted:

Ayo to Illinois. Highest ranked recruit picking Illinois I can think of since maybe Dee Brown?

Edit - maybe not, forgot about Jerome Richmond

One hand, I wish he'd come to Wake. We'd have had (for now) the #1 class in the country. Other hand, I'd have been suspicious given how sure people were he'd go to Illinois, so it's just as well I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

gvibes posted:

There is some insane rumor that top 100+ ish recruit Talen Horton Tucker is committing to Illinois shortly, but that if he does, top 25-ish Ayo Dosunmu will decommit. That would be the perfect Illinois ending.

Love recruiting rumors.

Where the gently caress would Ayo go?

• Locked thread