Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Iowa being first four out really hurts, that means a win over Indiana probably would have gotten them in. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yug posted:

UVA's offense is loving horrible.

Well that's just not true at all...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Teams from those conferences are NCAA or bust. I don't think any of the runner ups even make the NIT from places like the MEAC.

The only exception being that any regular season conference winner gets an NIT autobid if they don't win their conference tournament.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I don't understand why those Pretty Good videos have such low view counts, they're very good and he obviously puts a lot of work into them.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hoiberg going to Illinois right now is way too hilarious to actually happen.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Benne posted:

I'll have fond memories of the Romar era, such as winning the regular-season conference title and still missing the tournament.

That was super funny.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

kiimo posted:

Doug Gottlieb

@GottliebShow

Very doubtful that Michael Porter goes to Mizzou. Lesson learned from Fultz,Simmons

Doug, I like you but you are constantly wrong so it's hard to take you seriously about things like this.

The lesson being that you can be the #1 pick even on a lovely team? Like, did he even read what he wrote...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what do the 16th seed teams get by making it into the first round? Their program must get a stipend and the players get a bunch of cool swag right? There must be something to look forward to other than the inevitable doom they face.

Well, one of them will win eventually! So there's that...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Other than championships for your teams this is the top thing everyone hopes they live to see right?

I have vivid memories of all of the somewhat close 16/1 games of my lifetime, I think it probably is the top thing I want to see. Kind of surprising it hasn't happened yet.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

He could bring his dad back!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

RumbleFish posted:

N: South Carolina wins an NCAA tournament game for the first time since 1973 in its first appearance since 2004.

V:

This is my second favorite Gamecock moment, first is Devan Downey taking down undefeated Kentucky in 2010.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

People are going apeshit here at USC over the gamecock win. I havn't been following the mens team at all this year, but we didnt even make the tourny last year. How much of an upset is this?

Before the tournament started, kenpom gave South Carolina a 17.1% chance of making the sweet sixteen, so fairly low, although not insane, odds. The history elevates it though.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I honestly thought he was like like 60-65.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

So it sounds like Wichita State to the AAC is probably going to happen?

The membership timeline for the Missouri Valley is very sad, the teams just slowly and steadily get worse as the decades go on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Valley_Conference#Membership_timeline

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Butler is still a private school though.

I have heard that there is no way the Big East will expand soon, I think because of the tv contracts too, so I expect them to stay at 10 for awhile.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Why would they want him anyway? Has he ever coached anywhere at any level?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Are any other schools offering his father a job? If not, I am guessing he will go to the school that s offering his father a job.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

wicka posted:

Is it wrong that I'd genuinely be pleased with Bennett solely because he knows how suits are supposed to be worn?

Pleated pants on a coach should be an automatic $10,000 fine.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I wasn't able to see the South Carolina game, but congrats RumbleFish!!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I hope Alford is very sad right now. :unsmith:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Note: gently caress Kansas.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I really don't see how UConn could be good for womens basketball. I remember in some past years when there were actually several teams that could win the title, I would watch womens ncaa tournament games. But I have no interest when I know how it's going to end already.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The women have had a 16 seed win before, haven't they? It does seem like most of those games are like 95-31 though.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I didn't even realize that South Carolina was also in the women's final four, that's cool. I know making the mens and womens final four has been done before, probably UConn several times, but it must be somewhat rare.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I didn't see it but my dad texted me "Naz Long was terrible, why the hell did he wear sunglasses?!"

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

whoa, glad I saw this thread

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

lol, UConn will win by like 11, goddammit.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

this game owns

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

So I would bet like $10,000 that Uconn still wins and I bet none of you would take that bet. :smith:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Jota posted:

That is not a flagrant foul if they call that flagrant it would be unreal

You know they will, lol

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

lol, that Uconn lady should be embarrassed...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

jesus christ, lol

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hell yeah, what a final shot. Good poo poo!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

C-Euro posted:

So people are saying this is Gonzaga's first Final Four ever, but I could've sworn that Adam Morrison(? the mustache & mullet guy) played at Gonzaga and that his weird on-court nervous breakdown was in the title game like a decade ago. What am I remembering wrong here?

That's almost like one of those Mandela Effect things, I've heard a lot of people that thought that moment happened in the final four.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Aggro posted:

So if UNC wins Monday, this will be the least memorable tournament of the decade. At least if Gonzaga wins, it's the first win by a non Power 5 team since what, Loyola in 63?

Well, technically a non Power 5 team won last year. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Thus concludes another terrible season.

• Locked thread