Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
My 1s prediction:

Villanova (East)
Kansas (Midwest)
Gonzaga (West)
UNC (South)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
UNCW will be the most popular 12/5 upset pick this year

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At least they didn't bend over backwards to put in Syracuse this time

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How did South Carolina get a backyard home game as a 7 seed?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

HanabaL03 posted:

Would you rather be a 15/16 seed every year, or be seeded higher in the NIT and have a shot to win games?

For most mid major schools this doesn't apply, as a Mountain West, A-10, MVC schools usually are seeded between 12 and 7.

But if you are the same MEAC or SWAC school and always get that 16/16 play in game, as a fan, wouldn't you rather have a shot to win some post season games in the NIT?

I almost think the NIT should allow the losers of the play in games to go to the NIT.

Those schools probably make more money getting killed by UNC/Kansas/Duke than they would going to the NIT quarterfinals or whatever.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'll have fond memories of the Romar era, such as winning the regular-season conference title and still missing the tournament.

And getting the 1 seed and losing in the Sweet 16.

And going 9-22 with the No. 1 NBA draft pick.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Washington hired Mike Hopkins away from Syracuse. Tell me what opinion I'm supposed to have about him.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Nolan Arenado posted:

So it sounds like Wichita State to the AAC is probably going to happen?

The membership timeline for the Missouri Valley is very sad, the teams just slowly and steadily get worse as the decades go on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Valley_Conference#Membership_timeline

The committee will never take them seriously as long as they're in the MVC, so they may as well move up if they get the chance.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

pubic works project posted:

I'm at work and phone posting. Who's the non-basketball school in the AAC? Navy?

Yeah, Navy plays football in the conference and is in the Patriot League for everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
God drat, I thought that vampire warlock motherfucker would never go away.

Today is a good day.

• Locked thread