Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm just happy Wisconsin gave the selection committee the finger for ranking them as an 8th seed.

And that Duke lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Are you guys going to start a new thread for the off season or do you simply want a rename? I'm cool with either one, really.

iospace fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 10, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

There you go, enjoy the new name.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Grittybeard posted:

Oh, Grayson Allen is coming back instead of going to the draft.

:geno:

I hope he blows his knees out and ruins any chance of him playing beyond college.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sportsgenius86 posted:

Holtmann has agreed to an 8 year deal for $3.1 per with OSU

How did they manage to pay him below minimum wage :jebstare: Meanwhile, Butler :argh:s over their coaches continuing to be poached from them.

(Yeah yeah, I know, that's million per year)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bird in a Blender posted:

Good for him, but is UW-M like a total dumpster fire right now? I thought even the school or athletic department was having serious issues. Kind of weird to see coaches from Northwestern getting hired away.

A system wide cut of 250 million will do that to ya.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wisconsin is an Under Armor school, but I wouldn't be shocked if something like this came out with UA too.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kiimo posted:

But they used to be an Adidas school a couple years ago.

Yup, part of me hopes that's what drove the switch too.

But it probably came down to money.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sportsgenius86 posted:

Find it hard to believe D'Antoni would pass up someone with a shot that quick

:drat:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Peanut President posted:

Ahh yes congress, the people who openly take bribes on a regular basis, throwing a hissy fit about bribery.

They don't want competition.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm waiting on the investigation on how a man can sweat so much.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Coco13 posted:

Just got my season tickets in the mail. I didn't fully realize how incredibly hosed playing the Big 10 Tournament at the Garden made the schedule until I saw the schedule on the calendar. Badgers have 3 Monday and 3 Friday conference games, including one in December. Not to mention that the Badgers, who replace 4 starters and will be running a lot of freshman out, might be sweating the NCAA tournament for an extra week.

NCAA BB Nov/Dec: gently caress you Jim Delaney.

To be fair, that could be applied to any of the NCAA threads.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

elentar posted:

Ruling's in, everyone is now free to completely hollow out entire departments to use them for fake classes, enjoy.

That is the most NCAA ruling possible.

Make fake classes? Go ahead!

Give an athlete a single cent beyond what their scholarship gives them? All the punishment.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/NCAA/status/918839189436813312

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Remember the massive outrage when Calipari (I think) came out and said that all college basketball exists for is to give people a year removed from high school ball?

And everyone else was "yeah, that's how it is BUT YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT IT"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

A new season thread would be nice too (On phone so can't)

• Locked thread