Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Still though I would much rather see an intriguing 17-1 MVC team than garbage like Kansas State, 8-10 in conference and 6-11 vs the top 100 RPI. Like, the jury is still out on Illinois State but we already know Kansas State is a steaming pile of mediocrity. I hate when teams like that get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

An 8 loss team is not a 2 seed

gently caress Duke
on the selection show they were saying they were a bit surprised Duke wasn't a 1 seed. 5th place ACC in conference season, 11-7.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah I think they would have. Illinois State came close and missed but they had more bad losses than Wichita State.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Matta was so good for Ohio State for a period, but the program was clearly falling apart these last couple years, probably because of the health/back issues. Pretty sad :(

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Oh god no
https://twitter.com/joevardon/status/871885327450943489

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don't know how realistic it is for Hoiberg or Donovan to leave the NBA but one thing i can say is that Ohio State can afford $5m.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

He's good enough to stop the bleeding. The program was going into complete collapse. He's not that exciting though

Even if you think what he's done is more impressive than it looks because he's been doing it at Creighton, his record at Iowa State throws some cold water on that thinking

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Matta was the best coach Ohio State's ever had, and by all indications a great guy, and I would've been content to let him have a season or two more just for what he's done for OSU in the past, but the program was also in total meltdown mode. With all five(?) guys from that class with Giddens and Lyle now having transferred or quit and no good classes the last few years coming in, this team has one more season left before it will be at Rutgers level. I don't really think I'm any higher on McDermott than anyone else but I do think making a hire now gives the program the opportunity to start digging out of its dire downward trajectory sooner rather than later.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I was just picking on Rutgers because they've been the perennial last place team since they joined the Big 10. :) Good for them if they're going to move up next season. What I really meant is this upcoming season is OSU's last remaining year currently in the cards before they sink all the way to the very bottom of the standings. They'll bring back Tate and Bates-Diop and in general I think still have enough left on the roster to avoid being last place but after that class graduates they're done for without some big gets ASAP.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hello Towel posted:

Cue a bunch of Indiana fans complaining we didn't get Holtmann even though Archie is perfectly fine
I think OSU and Indiana could trade coaches and both fan bases might be pleased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Louisville has to be careful because it kind of sounds like Pitino is gearing up to pull a Jim O'Brien here. That dude sued Ohio State for like $3m for wrongful termination after he paid a prospective Serbian player, because OSU fired him without an NCAA investigation.

• Locked thread