Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

holy poo poo everybody shut up, shut up Lutz.

KU is going to play MU. In basketball.

For charity.

This year.

This month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well probably someone said look you aren't helping MU, it's an exhibition game. You're helping people who have lost everything.

Many were all for “never again” but for hurricane benefit they can put that aside. Plus it won’t count for the season sooooo we can convince ourselves we don’t really help them out. We help out charity. A chance to beat the poo poo out of MU with no benefit to their school.

That is how they'll sell it and just writing it sold myself on it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Keeping in mind though that Cal wants the one and done rule to go away. Most coaches do.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

As long as you have regular students also get easy As.

Not that I'm throwing stones considering my school has basically a mansion to house the basketball players but lets a couple randos stay there to offset it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Devon Dotson just declared for Kansas.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My last class in college was a Racism In Media class and we just sat around watching movies and listening to the professor bitch about how he didn't get tenure because of the racist hierarchy.

He looked white as gently caress to me but I guess he was part Filipino.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Blame the NCAA for that. You aren't allowed to televise scrimmages

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought it was Tom Izzo?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That was fast.

https://twitter.com/SprintCenter/status/920410036651913216

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sorry Florida and LSU...

quote:

Five-star recruit Emmitt Williams, 19, was arrested and charged with felony sexual battery and false imprisonment early Wednesday morning.

Williams, who is a top 25 prospect in the 2018 recruiting class, was booked at 12:40 a.m. by the Orlando police department and held on $3,500 bond. He is a senior at Oak Ridge High School in Orlando. He is scheduled to make an appearance in court this afternoon.

Williams visited LSU last weekend and was scheduled to visit Florida this weekend.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2017/10/18/five-star-recruit-emmitt-williams-arrested-charged-with-sexual-battery/

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah this feels like Rocky V Drago in that it is an "exhibition" with two sides ready to kill each other.

Annnnnnnnd here. we. go.

https://twitter.com/GabeDeArmond/st...sunday.62180%2F

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Self isn't going to go in front of all those people and coast.

The only guy coasting will be Svi, all across the lane.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah bro it's a diversion so KU can avoid conversations about the FBI

:rolleyes:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

man you are really humorless when it comes to KU

These are unsteady times. The second any news shows any actual information that Kansas is part of this I’m all in on flushing but until then it’s circle the wagons on all fronts.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bought.

It's...technically tax deductible?

http://showdownforrelief.com/watch/?Live=1&type=Live

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Missouri impressed me greatly.

That said

edit: he removed it.

"This is my 'I know yall didn't think we was gonna LOSE' face"

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 23, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zion eliminated UCLA.

I'm not saying this is the reason, but this is the temperature here today.

Also Clemson fans are real confident he's going there.

Clemson?? Okayyyyy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's from South Carolina. So I guess USC and Clemson fans think it's a race between them.

I mean it's like they aren't even competing against KU, UK, UNC and Duke. All of which are also recruiting Zion.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KU would be forced to play MU by law if they were in the same state like UK and UL. UK wouldn't play Louisville either if they weren't forced to because it makes sense to do what is in the best interest of your program for recruiting and for footprint for out of conference games. There are only so many of them.

Personally I think we should play them because its fun but I don't really hold grudges. MU fans will say it's because Self is a chicken but that's really because there's no other argument that works. It definitely benefits MU to play Kansas and why should Kansas do them a favor at their own expense? Kindness?

If anyone outside of KC is confused by this I don't blame you. You kind of have to be from KC to understand the constant game of thrones going on between KU, MU and K-State.

Wichita State doesn't loving matter. gently caress those guys.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Really? I learned something new. They talk about it a lot but maybe it's an old wives tale type of thing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

Bill would mandate rivalry games between Kentucky and Louisville
Herald-Leader Staff Report

A Louisville lawmaker has filed legislation that would require the University of Kentucky and University of Louisville to play each other in football and men's basketball each year.

The proposal, filed Tuesday by state Sen. Tim Shaughnessy, deals mostly with the responsibilities of university governing boards and tracking student progress. But the last page of the four-page bill would require the two schools to face each other on the football field and basketball court annually.

The proposal, which now goes to the Senate Education Committee, says that national attention brought by the rivalry benefits the state and the universities, which get the opportunity to "inform the nation of their institutional contributions to the economic and social well-being of the Commonwealth and nation."

Also, "the thousands of Kentuckians who support the two public research universities and follow their respective athletic endeavors benefit from the energy, excitement, camaraderie, goodwill, and sportsmanship that the rivalry engenders," the bill declares.

Did this not go through?

Also a bill was introduced to force Texas and aTm to play each other. I wonder if that went through.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doesn't Calipari refuse to play Indiana?

Or did that change when Clappy was fired

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zion is visiting UNC this weekend. Nike school.

Throwin people off the trail!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dogshit. Picked to come in second to last in the Big 12.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wonder if Cliff Alexander's career takes the sting out of losing him for Illinois fans.

Somewhere Cliff is weeping in his red truck before it gets repossessed.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Former KU player Carlton Bragg (the guy accused of hitting a girl until video showed him getting hit and then later caught up in that investigation where an unused drug pipe was found in his room) has left ASU.

Rumor is he's in rehab for a pill addiction. He's awesome.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's a good plan. Let's steal. In China.

There's like no chance we could be China's version of Otto Warmbier.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I guess they stole sunglasses and are not currently sitting in a jail cell anymore so that's something.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sounds like Kansas will get a 6'9 5* power forward in about a month. They badly need the depth in the post.

https://twitter.com/themattgalloway/status/928850785068376064

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Hell, this is the only reason I have any hope for Mizzou.

Someone make a GDT for all of us to whine in. I would but I've sworn off starting them because the last time I did it was that godawful Butler/UConn final.

Do it!

Cuz Kentucky is currently losing to UTAH VALLEY

• Locked thread