Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Welsh-Ryan was insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't believe my dumb, lovely team that did nothing but look like this forever is actually in the tourmament

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the NIT is lit

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

RUMBY

MY DEACS MADE IT YAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

hell yeah

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Speaking of gently caress Duke ESPN played NCAA pictionary at some point today and this happened when Jay Williams was up:

The answer was Duke Blue Devil, and that's supposed to be Grayson Allen tripping someone and not what everyone in the world thinks of at first

wildcats, bitch

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

don't know if anyone heard the big news but Chicago's Big Ten Team, that's right I'm talking about the Northwestern Wildcats, are in the NCAA Tournament.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

I was told that Wisconsin was Chicago's Big Ten Team

nope, it is northwestern, they wouldn't let them put it on a billboard if it wasn't true

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what do the 16th seed teams get by making it into the first round? Their program must get a stipend and the players get a bunch of cool swag right? There must be something to look forward to other than the inevitable doom they face.

it is extremely cool, when your team plays in the ncaa tournament

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if a 16 seed upset duke, would they even bother holding the rest of the tournament or would they just declare that team the champ and everyone would party for two weeks

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

indiana's haughty refusal to host an NIT game because it would tarnish the arena is still incredibly funny to me

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Poque posted:

they did it for the CBI in 2014 too, though in that one they just declined the tournament altogether for bitchy reasons

that's more understandable since the CBI isn't a real tournament and is only played in dank, underground Bloodsport arenas

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hire isaiah

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i fully believe Crean suffered from the Cutler Principle where a guy's sports career comes under 50% more harsh scrutiny solely because of his face

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LOS GATOS

e: what the gently caress is that guy doing
https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/842504894548385792/video/1

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 17, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The scenes in the reggie miller 30 for 30 when all the pacers fans lose their poo poo when they draft reggie miller instead of alford is still funny

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

stealing big ten valor

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'd be grumpy too if i rooted for the power conference team with the longest NCAA tournament drought

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jordan matthews with an elite-NBA caliber mean mug

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well that settles that.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

welcome to the big ten, the millers
http://www.csnchicago.com/big-ten/archie-millers-wife-ripped-northwestern-twitter-some-reason-after-cats-beat-dayton

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

OH IT'S ON

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dammit

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HELL YEAH

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this game owns

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WHAT THE gently caress

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh no, she got her in the throat

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WHY EVEN BOTHER HAVING THE NCAA TOURNAMENT, NO ONE CAN BEAT UCONN

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jota posted:

I will enjoy the people will or already have made fun of UConn for not winning its 112th straight game.

Geno: what a loving loser

can't get it done, paaawwwwll

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wicka posted:

Probably the worst tournament I've ever watched (except the one Indiana lost that I have erased from my childhood).

in my opinion, this was the only good NCAA Tournament in history

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Caleb Swanigan showing signs he might be back next year:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/lighter-swanigan-still-trying-figure-nba-fit-220837215--nba.html

If he is it will be a fun Big Ten race with MSU.

to come in second behind the Northwestern Wild Cat

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am so loving torn

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern assistant Pat Baldwin is the head coach at UW Milwaukee.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how many freakishly large people with double a last names does purdue need, oh i just looked up a picture of haarms, congrats on signing ivan drago

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern is playing its basketball games at a terrible, gigantic monster truck arena next season while the idiots in charge are ruining my precious rundown garbage arena because the monocled northwestern alumni don't want to sit on bleachers that seem like they will at any moment be folded up so we can all be scolded by a vice principal and i am very upset about this, i hope at least the renovated arena still makes spectators hug the wall because the only way for the visiting team to enter the arena from the locker room is literally by walking through the hotdog line.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

imagine if somehow this all results in a Coach K Perp Walk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

somehow northwestern is ranked pre-season what universe is this

• Locked thread