Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Getting revved up to get real mad about Duke getting a 1 seed.

Only way I would be okay with this is if I could see the future and know that a 16 seed takes them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Butler vs Winthrop sounds like the snobbiest match up

Whys that?

This is what happens when you drop your last home game and lose in the first round of the Big East Tournament. Lost that 3 seed.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Eh, Butler was probably seeded right, but imo Florida State does not deserve that 3 seed. I would have flipped those two.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ramadu posted:

how the gently caress arizona not gonna get a 1 seed

bear the gently caress down wildcats

Yeah Gonzaga doesn't deserve that poo poo. They never play anyone good aside from St. Mary's.

It's so annoying that they get rewarded for winning a ton in their conference. Yet schools like Butler could never get higher than a 5 seed when they would roll through their conferences like the Horizon.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I'm phone posting so I can't really look it up. Were there any snubs this year?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I know they beat Arizona, but the committee does focus on the more recent games. Arizona had injuries at the beginning of the season and then they went on the get a share of the PAC-12 and win their tourney. That weighs more to me than what Gonzaga did.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I doubt anyone is hype for the Deacs but I'M SO loving HAPPY YOU GUYS

I'm happy that you're happy, bro

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Haha that's funny where FSU is.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ugh, why does Butler always have to play when I'm at loving work. 1:30 pm. dammit

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

the mean lunch lady posted:

back off fucker

he's coming to MIZZOU

Better back up the Brinks truck then. No way he leaves for that dumpster fire unless he gets PAID.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

The problem with this year's 12/5s is I feel bad picking all of the 12s. The one 12/5 I want to go chalk on is Iowa State and they are playing a nasty Nevada team with tons of offense. Iowa State is already licking their chops about playing in KC.

Don't look past Nevada. A looming KU/ISU game in Sprint Center needs to happen.

I'm picking Nevada and Middle Tenn. as my two 12s to upset 5s.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

The Florida Gulf Coast University Dunk Cities are going to beat Florida State this Thursday. Thank you for listening, god bless.

Amen, brother.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

if a 16 seed upset duke, would they even bother holding the rest of the tournament or would they just declare that team the champ and everyone would party for two weeks

I would not be opposed to that.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

gvibes posted:

Coach Tom Crean is gone.

Archie? Marshall?

Lmao I just saw that. About drat time.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Should have grabbed Handsome Brad when they could have, now maybe they will go after the current Butler coach.

NO! IU better stay the gently caress away from Holtmann.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Because you want him to stay at Butler or don't think he's good enough for IU? Other people are already trying to get him, he may be gone regardless. And as to the latter, being a top job is not a permanent designation.

I want him to stay at Butler of course. We've just now recovered from Stevens leaving imo.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I knew the coach from the MTSU team that beat Kentucky in 1983 in the NCAA tournament.

I always pull for Middle Tennessee. Everyone should always pull for Middle Tennessee.

Sorry I can't do that. If they beat Butler though, I totally will.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hello Towel posted:

I avoid Dakich like the plague, as all sensible people do.

gently caress Dan Dakich and is stupid loving face. gently caress his kid at Michigan too.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

PUSSY MASTER 007 posted:

N: Wisconsin basketball is still poison

V: At least UVA got humiliated

You are correct, Forums Poster PUSSY MASTER 007. Absolutely humiliated.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

poo poo. I fall asleep early due to a massive headache and South Carolina knocks off Duke! What a great thing to wake up to!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Korranus posted:

They won't be taken seriously in the AAC either.

That said, the conference does need a 12th basketball school or even an 11th if UConn leaves.

Who else is leaving?

If Wichita St. were to join the AAC, I think it'd be a pretty strong basketball conference. Cincy, SMU, UConn, and Temple all have pretty good programs.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I'm at work and phone posting. Who's the non-basketball school in the AAC? Navy?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I haven't read any rumors about Big East expansion, but I think it'd be cool. It would be stupid to focus on schools that had a certain religious background. Was the old Big East like that?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

an adult beverage posted:

I work in Memphis and I have a ton of coworkers who are going to the Kentucky game tomorrow just to boo Calipari.

Tell them to boo for UNC and cheer for Butler too.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

an adult beverage posted:

gently caress Butler and UNC b1tch

Well gently caress you AND your couch!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

TBeats posted:

If Florida doesn't win it all, I sure hope Xavier does because that would rule.

I hate you

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Mahoning posted:

This is a good conspiracy theory. I don't think Mack is leaving, but if he did it would probably only be for one of like 4 schools: Indiana, Ohio State, Kentucky, or Louisville

Yeah Mack has a good thing going at Xavier. Unless it's Indiana, I can't see him leaving. However, that would probably mean sucking for a year or two while he rebuilds the program a bit. He may not want to do that.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Yeah that's actually a good hire for IU. Miller has done a great job at Dayton.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

I was salty and misspoke, there is truly nothing worse than Duke fans.

Don't worry friend. The UK fans I've encountered are a close second.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I will never watch a large amount of women's basketball until Geno Auriemma fucks off.

Lmao even my wife won't watch women's basketball because she knows it'll be UConn every loving year.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

They had the 30 second shot clock since 1970. The men didn't get a shot clock at all until 1985, and then it was 45 seconds.

I mean it still might not be as fast as you'd like, but they've been ahead of the curve as far as forcing teams to at least attempt shots.

Yikes

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Kirios posted:

Patrick Ewing: Head Coach will likely fail as badly as Clyde Drexler as a head coach but it's going to be a hell of a ride.

Whew! I was really scared that they'd hire someone competent. Glad they hired Ewing. Don't need a resurging Georgetown program in the Big East.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Slowpoke! posted:

These last two years are Roy's best coaching job, hands down. He is not getting big top 10 recruits anymore. The previous powerhouse teams were full of future first round NBA draft picks. These past two years, not so much, but we almost went back-to-back, and it was done with guys who stayed 3-4 years. Of course, Berry, Jackson, Pinson and Hicks were all 5* recruits, but only one of those guys is getting drafted and probably not in the lottery.

2004-2005:
Raymond Felton
Rashad McCants
Sean May
Marvin Williams

2008-2009:
Tyler Hansbrough
Ty Lawson
Wayne Ellington
Ed Davis
Tyler Zeller

2011-2012:
Kendall Marshall
Harrison Barnes
John Henson
PJ Hairston
Reggie Bullock
Tyler Zeller

2015-2017:
Brice Johnson
Justin Jackson (projected)
Tony Bradley (maybe)

Lmao proof that Roy Williams is an overrated coach.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

They have had 5 guys transfer so far, with one more expected. They only had 3 guys show up to a mandatory team workout last week. Now Markel Crawford tells ESPN he will use Graduate Transfer rule to play for another school.

At this point I think goons should just walk on.

Mr. Crawford, please consider Butler University. We could use a guard of your talents.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Valpo is joining the Missouri Valley Conference.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Matta is stepping down from OSU after 2017-2018 season. His health must be really declining.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Wow. It totally makes sense though. That dude needs to focus on his health and then maybe a nice TV gig.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lmao if they think they're getting Brad Stevens.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hahahahaha I love you bro, but OSU deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/873002364898291713

Well this would be bittersweet as I also root for Butler, but hopefully they can continue their impressive streak of good coaching hires.

loving OSU better cut it out and hire Mark Jackson.

Edit: god dammit. Apparently he's in talks with them. This is loving bullshit.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 9, 2017

• Locked thread