Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
hi guys, thanks for making this thread! :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Keromaru5 posted:

On another forum I used to frequent, there was an Orthodox Jewish poster with a thread just like this. I seem to remember him very much despising popular Kabbalah for bastardizing such an important part of Judaism.
well, popular anything is going to be dumb, my ex-roommate came from india and we used to bitch about white-people Buddhism/Hinduism together

and you've seen my response in the christianity thread about well meaning but ignorant people appropriating icons in a way that was offensive by accident

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Keromaru5 posted:

"A pious Jew is not one who worries about his fellow man's soul and his own stomach; a pious Jew worries about his own soul and his fellow man's stomach."
this is what we're supposed to do as well, although the flavor is different--each of us must think that they are "the worst of sinners" and not judge others. Count Fosco, you mentioned going to an Orthodox church, I don't know if you want to become Orthodox but if you do "don't judge others" is rule number 1

• Locked thread