Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
planedriver
Jun 2, 2013
2-0 over ThePeavstenator. Thanks for being a sport while I slowly fumbled my way through xmage controls! G2 dragged way longer than it was supposed to because I fetched the wrong basic at the start :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rogue0071 posted:

Hey, tonight doesn't work well for me but some night time this week would be fine.

How does Thursday sound?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

planedriver posted:

2-0 over ThePeavstenator. Thanks for being a sport while I slowly fumbled my way through xmage controls! G2 dragged way longer than it was supposed to because I fetched the wrong basic at the start :doh:

ggs

To answer your question, yeah I run 4 Wastelands. I just pretty much needed to get a Phyrexian Revoker, Recruiter to find Revoker, or a Pithing Needle out and turn off Food Chain. Eternal Scourge is a pain in the rear end and it made me want an equipment that let me trample after losing G1 despite a Mirran Crusader that had Jitte and Sword of Fire and Ice on it.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

ThePeavstenator posted:

Pithing Needle out and turn off Food Chain.

I would advise against this. Unless you're in paper and your opponent is bad, then have at it!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

as a food chain player I highly recommend my opponents play pithing needle and name Food Chain

(food chain is a mana ability, my dudes)

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

as a food chain player I highly recommend my opponents play pithing needle and name Food Chain

But it's still a legal name! And if your opponent is bad and doesn't know how cards work maybe they'll stop using it. It worked for me in modern once with Mox Opal.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

:downs:

I always forget that Pithing Needle has that one slight difference from Revoker

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Elyv posted:

How does Thursday sound?

Works for me.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Network42 posted:

I work 10s starting at 2pm, so I feel you.

I could probably play tonight whenever if you're around.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
little munchkin I'll be home closer to 8 est, so I'll hop on IRC around then

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013

ThePeavstenator posted:

ggs

To answer your question, yeah I run 4 Wastelands. I just pretty much needed to get a Phyrexian Revoker, Recruiter to find Revoker, or a Pithing Needle out and turn off Food Chain. Eternal Scourge is a pain in the rear end and it made me want an equipment that let me trample after losing G1 despite a Mirran Crusader that had Jitte and Sword of Fire and Ice on it.

Ah okay. Just unlucky on not drawing it. I was kicking myself after realising Karakas could bounce your Thalia in response to Walking Ballista.

Also why did you put Sanctum Prelate on 4 (I think G2)?

Edit: Just realised you might need another dude on the board and everything in your deck costs 1-3,5

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

planedriver posted:

Ah okay. Just unlucky on not drawing it. I was kicking myself after realising Karakas could bounce your Thalia in response to Walking Ballista.

Also why did you put Sanctum Prelate on 4 (I think G2)?

Edit: Just realised you might need another dude on the board and everything in your deck costs 1-3,5

I failed to RTFC and was trying to keep your Misthollow Griffins in exile.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Johnny Five-Jaces, I'm online and ready when you are.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
took down InterrupterJones 2-0 off the back of wastelands tablernacles and ghost quarters. good cards against eldrazis I guess

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Eldrazi loses again, this time to Lands, because of a bad pilot of the deck land denial. I still didn't think I'd need Wastes, and now for a second time I've been proven wrong.

Also, thank you little munchkin for being patient with me while I play slowly, as I played with one hand and held a mostly screaming 6 week old in my left arm.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

InterrupterJones posted:

Eldrazi loses again, this time to Lands, because of a bad pilot of the deck land denial. I still didn't think I'd need Wastes, and now for a second time I've been proven wrong.

Also, thank you little munchkin for being patient with me while I play slowly, as I played with one hand and held a mostly screaming 6 week old in my left arm.

Condolences. In the first legacy goon league I had the pleasure of playing RUG Delver against Death and Taxes while holding my ~2-month-old who hadn't yet gotten used to being home alone with me while my wife was at work. It was unpleasant. Luckily I drew Sulfur Elemental and 2 lands in game 3 so it was over pretty quick.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I defeated Johnny Five-Jaces 2-0.

Worth noting he was a true gentleman and at the beginning of game 2 when my xmage bugged out he remade the match and we started the game over.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

my deck is bad and i, also, am bad

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rogue0071 posted:

Works for me.

8PM PDT? Is that too late?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

I could probably play tonight whenever if you're around.

I could probably play tonight (Thursday) night around midnight EST but I need to know ahead of time.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Yea i kinda spaced it, new job and all. If we can push it off till monday or tonight thats cool otherwise, take the bye. I can do 11am cst Monday

Goon Sir!

Let us play a game. Tomorrow noight or Sat. night US time? I can make most times work, when will you be around?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Sigma and I had our games scheduled for 15 mins ago but he was a noshow, trying to coordinate for saturday before the deadline maybe? I havent heard from him yet so idk.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Skyl3lazer posted:

Sigma and I had our games scheduled for 15 mins ago but he was a noshow, trying to coordinate for saturday before the deadline maybe? I havent heard from him yet so idk.

Yeah I got boned and didn't get home from work until 2 hours after our match.

I'm gonna scoop to you I can't do saturday :(

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

1-2 vs Rogue0071 in a super fun series, game 1 alone literally took over an hour.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Free tonight starting around 830, if you are SuicideSteve

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
Walked - You said that you were running late yesterday, but I never heard from you after that. I sent you a PM afterwards seeing if you could reschedule but haven't heard back.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Network42 posted:

Free tonight starting around 830, if you are SuicideSteve

I'm probably leaving work in 2 hours so maybe an hour to an hour and a half after that? Will you be in IRC?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Around 1030 est? I'll be there.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Network42 posted:

Around 1030 est? I'll be there.

Closer to 11/1130 but ok.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I very skillfully drew Jitte 2 games in a row after Stoneforging for it in the first game and only managed to lose one of those games.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
He didn't mention it was a singleton jitte, probably out of modesty.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Network42 posted:

He didn't mention it was a singleton jitte, probably out of modesty.

Hey, I've got 7 copies if you count Stoneforges and Recruiters.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Lossed and drawed some peeps for ROUND 3!!!!

suicidesteve (6 pts) vs L0cke17 (6 pts)
Sky|3lazer (6 pts) vs planedriver (6 pts)
Johnny Five-Jaces (3 pts) vs Rogue0071 (6 pts)
ThePeavestenator (3 pts) vs little munchkin (3 pts)
black potus (3 pts) vs Elyv (3 pts)
Network42 (3 pts) vs Sigma-X (3 pts)
ChewyLSB (3 pts) vs SoftNum (3 pts)
TheKingOfSprings (1 pts) vs Walked (0 pts)
Tim Raines IRL (1 pts) vs eSporks (0 pts)
Babylon Astronaut (0 pts) vs InterruptorJones (0 pts)

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

black potus posted:

suicidesteve (6 pts) vs L0cke17 (6 pts)

I'm available evenings after 8pm CST reliably. If that doesnt work for you just lemme know.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

1-2 v black potus, I don't think I played well but also TNN/Jitte is a messed up combination of cards(although I also don't think it affected the outcome of any of these games so).

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Tim Raines IRL (1 pts) vs eSporks (0 pts)

I'm available most nights after 7pm PST, or weekends. I hang out in IRC and discord, and you can also catch me on steam. http://steamcommunity.com/id/eSporks/
If none of those work for you, shoot me a PM and we can schedule something.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Hey planedriver can you battles Tuesday in the pm EST?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

ChewyLSB beat me 1-2. Magic is hard guise!

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013

Skyl3lazer posted:

Hey planedriver can you battles Tuesday in the pm EST?

Hey man, I will be free
Weekdays 3am-9am EST.
Friday&Sat after 5pm for about 12hrs.

Any of those work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

black potus posted:

Lossed and drawed some peeps for ROUND 3!!!!

ThePeavestenator (3 pts) vs little munchkin (3 pts)

I can do wednesday or thursday evening. tuesday is also possible but not until late (12pm est)

• Locked thread