Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I'll play and probably mull a bunch and drop. I can play on MTGO if people are willing to pretend that my ghost quarters are Ports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

6) Tim Raines IRL vs suicidesteve

So this is a really bad week for me. I'm pretty much only available after midnight EST for most of it thanks to 4/6 of our people at work not actually being at work. And of course Saturday I go in at midnight.

Tonight after midnight will probably be best if you're on a normal schedule, or I'll try to make time Friday night before I go in. Saturday night also might work?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Network42 posted:

I haven't heard from walked since the 22nd.

Same for Tim.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Network42 posted:

Suicidesteve I think you're on IRC a lot anyway, but I could probably jam tonight if you're free.

I'm currently working 7 12 hour shifts in a row so uh. I'll try to find time some time at night, but probably not tonight.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

ThePeavstenator posted:

Pithing Needle out and turn off Food Chain.

I would advise against this. Unless you're in paper and your opponent is bad, then have at it!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

as a food chain player I highly recommend my opponents play pithing needle and name Food Chain

(food chain is a mana ability, my dudes)

But it's still a legal name! And if your opponent is bad and doesn't know how cards work maybe they'll stop using it. It worked for me in modern once with Mox Opal.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Network42 posted:

I work 10s starting at 2pm, so I feel you.

I could probably play tonight whenever if you're around.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

InterrupterJones posted:

Eldrazi loses again, this time to Lands, because of a bad pilot of the deck land denial. I still didn't think I'd need Wastes, and now for a second time I've been proven wrong.

Also, thank you little munchkin for being patient with me while I play slowly, as I played with one hand and held a mostly screaming 6 week old in my left arm.

Condolences. In the first legacy goon league I had the pleasure of playing RUG Delver against Death and Taxes while holding my ~2-month-old who hadn't yet gotten used to being home alone with me while my wife was at work. It was unpleasant. Luckily I drew Sulfur Elemental and 2 lands in game 3 so it was over pretty quick.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

I could probably play tonight whenever if you're around.

I could probably play tonight (Thursday) night around midnight EST but I need to know ahead of time.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Network42 posted:

Free tonight starting around 830, if you are SuicideSteve

I'm probably leaving work in 2 hours so maybe an hour to an hour and a half after that? Will you be in IRC?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Network42 posted:

Around 1030 est? I'll be there.

Closer to 11/1130 but ok.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I very skillfully drew Jitte 2 games in a row after Stoneforging for it in the first game and only managed to lose one of those games.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Network42 posted:

He didn't mention it was a singleton jitte, probably out of modesty.

Hey, I've got 7 copies if you count Stoneforges and Recruiters.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

L0cke17 posted:

I'm available evenings after 8pm CST reliably. If that doesnt work for you just lemme know.

I could probably do tonight some time.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

L0cke17 posted:

I will be in the irc channel when Im at home on my computer. If you see me there ping me.

I could also do Friday night after midnight or Saturday night after around 10 EST. Those would both work better for me.

Edit: and probably Thursday night after 10ish too.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 4, 2017

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

L0cke17 posted:

Friday or saturday late evening would work fine for me. Ill probably be in IRC both of those times.

Cool. See you then.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I win 2/1 because Wasteland is a messed up card.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

How many rounds is this anyway? 5? Is there a top 8?

Tim Raines IRL posted:

PMed.

Steve, sorry I spaced on this last week!

Eh whatever. The less Magic I play the better, I always say. :v:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Rogue0071 posted:

Got it 2-1 over Johnny Five-Jaces.

UUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Skyl3lazer posted:

Hey suicidesteve when u wanna play

Idunno. Some time after midnight EST today or tomorrow or around 10 PM the rest of the week?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Skyl3lazer posted:

How about like 10p Thursday?

I can do that but it really needs to be right at 10 and I might have to delay it depending on family stuff.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

So I forgot about this/was taking a nap before a 16 hour midnight shift. Saturday night some time?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

planedriver posted:

GGs 2-1 over eSporks. I'm still confused what your deck does but respect for trying to play it haha.

It casts Doomsday and then loses the game.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Skyl3lazer posted:

I did too so no biggie. Sat night is fine.

Well I was in irc all night but I have to go to work soon and I'm spending tomorrow with my family, so

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Rogue0071 posted:

Hey suicidesteve I'm around every weekday EST night except for Wednesday and also free next Saturday. If none of those work let me know.

Cool, I'm thinking Thursday will work best, around 9-10. I could probably do tomorrow night but depending on how long it takes we might have to cut it short and finish later.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

So is this the last round? And is there a top 8 or whatever?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Rogue and I drew before playing. Then when it randomly decided I was done with my game most of the way through an insane game 2, we drew again because screw it. I can definitely confirm Xmage is acting really weird.

Aside from randomly being kicked out partway through a game 2, it was a really good match with a lot of interesting decisions. Even though I lost the die roll AGAIN. #never lucky

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Tim Raines IRL posted:

hey, I'm sorry I sketched out on this. In my defense I'm dealing with pet cancer and people visiting from far out of town lately, but, I shouldn't make obligations and flake on them. If I sign up for another one of these I'll put a repeating reminder on my work calendar so that I remember to keep checking the thread.

Pets are more important than this dumb, bad game. Hope your puppy/kitty/shark/whatever is ok. :ohdear:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

So uh. A guy I work with apparently died today so I'm probably going to be working 16 hour shifts until Tuesday, have one day off, then I'll be on 4-midnight for 5 days so it might take me some time to be able to play my match. I can probably do Tuesday and later after midnight EST.

Also I'll be on the play :smuggo:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

planedriver posted:

I come from the land down under so those times are actually good for me :smuggo:
I'm likely going to be sick all week so pm when you want to settle it

edit: I read PST. If I do work, it'll have to be like 3am - 7am EST?

The earlier end of that is actually probably fine later in the week. I feel like it's my duty to eliminate you though, to avoid any further wonky time stuff.

Are we doing deck lists for top 8?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

Sooo top is banned. I'm fine playing it out with the old banlist though so the person on miracles that I don't remember isn't hosed over.

It's Rogue and I am too unless I play him in the finals then I want a giant asterisk next to his name if I lose. :v:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Rogue0071 posted:

I'm fine with either playing it out as-is or changing decklist (I would probably go to UWr Stoneblade).

Play as is. I'll only demand a normal sized asterisk.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I'll be around later tonight through Monday maybe, like 1AM EST, and probably more reasonable times, like 10PM for the rest of the week. I'll get on IRC when I'm around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I mulled 3 times in 2 games and had terrible draws, he did not.

• Locked thread