Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Dinosaurs! posted:

Wife and I were seemingly in the minority of people looking forward to this coming back and watched the season over the weekend. My dumb nitpicky comment that I care too much about is that I didn't buy Gus getting so stir crazy in Atlanta. This is very anecdotal, but I've been on some pretty lengthy work trips and felt it would have been very in-character for Gus to kill time watching Netflix, reading the Internet, or playing video games. Obviously he missed Mickey and that's the point, but for a show whose thing is people being "real" they could have at least mentioned one or more of those common ways people fill time instead of making it seem like he sat in silence in his room.

Taking it as a good sign that the season was bumped to 12 episodes from 10, although I didn't see much buzz about the show. Here's hoping for a third season.

I heard Gillian say on the radio the other day that a third season had been ordered before the second season even came out.

As for your spoiler, I don't think Gus is really the type of person to spend a lot of free time on his own. Weirdly, he's a bit of an extrovert, and almost all the recreational time we see him taking is of the social sort, with his theme song parties etc. And even though he's really into socializing, he's not the best at making new friends since people tend to see through his people-pleasing ways.

I'm really glad that Mickey addressed almost immediately how hosed up the end of the first season was with Gus kissing her after she laid her problems bare to him. I was really mad at Gus for that move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread