Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Synastren posted:

I wish I had good furniture recommendations, but I've been using an adjustable base for nearly a decade. I'd suggest one of those, but with a Purple hybrid, make sure you get one with a solid support, rather than a wire based thing. The wires will not hold up well over time with something of that weight. Honestly, I think it's time to just browse around for different platform beds until you find something you like! If it's less than $200, I'd move on.

Can you say more about adjustable bases (or if you have a link to where you've said it before, I'm happy to go back and read)? I've heard you recommend them several times, and truth be told it's not something I've ever even considered. But we're in the market for a mattress and bed frame and for the first time probably have the budget for something that isn't just an ikea base. What are the advantages to adjustable bases? What price range should we be looking at for something like that? How do we determine what is a quality, durable base vs something that will fall apart? Reading back in the thread some, I see you mention the Tempur ProSmart. Would that work for other mattresses as well, or should it be paired with Tempurpedic only? Can you elaborate a bit more on what you like about it so much? Honestly, I've only ever seen adjustable bases in hospital beds and for very old people, so I'm open to one, but I'm surprised to hear how enthusiastic you are about them.

Beyond the base, any general mattress recommendations for a side sleeper and a mostly front sleeper? I assume it will mostly come down to what feels good, but from what I've read here in the past, we'res a tough combination since you generally want softer for side and firmer for front, so I'd love some suggestions on where to start. The last bed we had was an older Leesa, which worked well until recently, when the support really collapsed and it is now unbearably squishy. As for budget, we're further along in our careers now than last time we were looking for a bed, so we're in a position where we're able to spend a decent amount for a quality product now (within reason, I'm not bringing home a $10k bed).

Grumpwagon fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU