Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Just ordered a Leesa Sapira hybrid to replace our ten-year-old pillowtop, will report back when I've had a chance to test drive. We're both side sleepers who sleep hot and prefer a softer mattress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Got my new Leesa Sapira yesterday. First night impressions: I hate it. Way too firm. I couldn't find a comfortable position and woke up constantly with random numbness and pain. I'm hoping I just need a few nights of breaking in/adjusting to it, but I'm already dreading having to keep this thing 30 days before I can return it.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We gave up on the Leesa Sapira. Tried stomping on it to break it in faster, tried adding a topper, still way too firm for our liking. This week we spent an unholy amount of money on a Tempurpedic LuxeAdapt in Soft, with an adjustable base. I admit, I still kind of miss the cloud-like texture of a pillow top, but I don’t think I’ve slept this well in a long time.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

Synastren posted:

That is my second favorite bed of all of the ones we sell at Mattress Firm, and you certainly shouldn't have an issue with it being too firm!

Yeah, it rocks! I think I'm still probably waking up just as often as I did on our old pillow top, but instead of laying awake for 30 minutes to an hour, it's like my body is going "shhhhh, you're fine, go back to sleep" and I'm out again after a few seconds. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is the longevity; I know they generally last a long time, but my husband is on the larger side (6'2" and ~300 lbs) so we are a little worried about it wearing out faster. He is currently losing weight though, so I think if he can even shed around 50 lbs this year, that will probably help.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

Returned the Sapira this week. Leesa's return process was very painless. It's a shame because I really wanted to like the mattress, but it just wasn't for us. We're house hunting right now and I would've considered keeping it for our future guest bedroom, but I just don't have the space to hang on to it in the meantime.

Loving our LuxeAdapt more every day though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

I got the frame with the massaging feature when I bought my LuxeAdapt in January. Honestly, you’re not missing out on much.