Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amara
Jun 4, 2009
Has anyone looked into just ordering your own foam and latex layers and putting them into a mattress case? It seems super easy, you can fiddle with different layers yourself for max comfort, and I'd probably put reject layers into a guest bed that would end up at least as comfortable on average as a random bed in a box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amara
Jun 4, 2009
Synastren (or anyone else with experience with these things) do you have thoughts on active cooling for beds?

I've been using a chilipad/ooler for several years now and really enjoy it. I put it up to nice and toasty before I get into bed so that I can have warm covers and then set it to cool which lets me both have the weight of a blanket but not wake up overheated and sweaty.

I'm thinking about upgrading my sleeping setup since my hip on the side I sleep on is starting to give me issues at night, waking me up sometimes.

I've never heard of adjustable bases before now but they seem like they might help to put a divot where my hip is or make back-sleeping more comfortable. But I also might just get a new mattress.

And if I get a new mattress I've been looking at the "TEMPUR-ActiveBreezeŽ Smart Bed" which is a bed with heating/cooling built in, except that it's air-based rather than water-based. It's mad crazy expensive though and I can't find reviews that really compare it to other active cooling systems like the ooler, eight sleep, etc. They also don't appear to be in all show rooms that have tempurpedics. Plus to get a feel for the heating/cooling I feel like I'd really have to actually sleep in it.

Anyone try this bed? Or have tried the other cooling systems like eight sleep to give me a sense of them vs the OG chilipad/ooler?

Amara
Jun 4, 2009
I have an Avocado latex mattress currently-- I did in fact mean to ask: does this mattress even work with adjustable bases?