Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
I am a mattress salesperson. Yes it's horrible. Yes I sell 7 thousand dollar mattresses to people.

After working with mattresses and selling and returns and warranties for 5 years now my completely non expert opinion:

Those memory foam or latex bed-in-a-box like Casper or an Ikea bed are probably the best bang for your buck.

Coil mattresses suck and the best way to buy a coil mattress is get a 'tight top' with no thick padding on top then buy yourself a memory foam topper to taste. Any coil mattress with a 'pillow top' will sag after just a year and will suck and hurt you.

Memory foam beds are usually memory foam on top of a dense foam core. The memory foam will usually not sag but the foam core will soften and will probably get uncomfortable over time.

Natural latex beds are my top pick. They don't seem to be hot like memory foam and I find we have almost zero issues with sagging etc. (Full latex mattresses, anyway) and with the more expensive brands they are customized to every person.

Warranties on most mattresses are garbage and it's very rare we have a customer who qualifies for one.

Anyway. Mattress stores are a big rip off. They will usually quadruple the price they got the bed for then put it on for 60% off. Maybe go into one to try and see what style you prefer then just order a cheap one online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU