Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
So I'm in the market for a new bed and made the mistake of trying out a Tempur probreeze hybrid with the fancy prosmart base with and now I'm very tempted to spend $7,000 on a bed with adjustable frame. Whoops.

Does anyone here (Synastren?) have experience with the whole built in speaker thing? Specifically will the noise from the subwoofers be audible to the people in the apartment beneath me? I use white noise generators a bit (fan, AC, rain noise, ect) and the idea of having one built into my bed sounds pretty awesome but not if it pisses off my neighbors.

One of the reasons I'm looking at the probreeze is because I get pretty hot while sleeping. This means I sweat a lot which has lead me to using a mattress protector to prevent my mattress from getting a gross sweat stain over time. Are there any good mattress protectors that won't negatively impact the cooling properties of the mattress? I also need sheet recommendations but I'm assuming there are plenty in this thread deeper in the scrollback.

I travel for a living which means sleeping in a lot of different hotel and aircraft beds. While all these beds are different they're all more or less flat. How hard is it to switch between an adjustable bed and flat beds on a regular basis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
I now have a bed and adjustable base that cost more than most of the vehicles I've ever owned. :toot: I have some purple sheets that should be here next week sometime but what do I do about a blanket? I can't really claim to have a preference aside from something breathable but also warm. I was thinking of just getting a cotton duvet cover with a down insert from Ikea but if there are better options I'm all ears.