Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Hi friends, it's me Jizz Denouement. Ever since I left for college way back when, I have never bought a new mattress. Pretty much whenever I moved, if it was too far to move my poo poo, I would buy that persons' bed and just live with that. As such, I've lived with pretty lovely beds for many moons. My go-to solution was to buy foam toppers and they generally did the trick well enough. However my current mattress is just too hosed up and small, so it's time to upgrade. Help me buy a good queen sized bed!

Question 1: What the gently caress is the actual difference in sleep quality between:
Poly Foam
Memory Foam
Latex/Foam Hybrid
Blended Latex
Innerspring

Question 2: Is there a scientific consensus on which is best for bones and sleep?

Question 3: How does a thrifty goon get the most bang for their buck?

Post any and all mattress related information, tips, pics, memes, and anecdotes in this thread!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Nobody had a charming mattress anecdote or insider buyer tips for sleep sacks??

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

ifuckedjesus posted:

Both memory foam and latex are going to feel weird having sex in if you've only ever had a spring mattress - it's more work because you don't get the spring back.

Noticed this immediately when I first switched to memory foam topper.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I bought a purple (the old model) and I think that I think it's good. I've had it for about 3 weeks, and it's pretty dang good. The problem is that I spend 3 nights of the week at my significant others place, and her mattress is crazy soft. The result is that I sleep on my side at her place and on my back at my place, but my body never gets quite used to either one before switching again. I am going to hold onto it for most of the 100 day trial and see whats up. I'm 5'11" ~175 and my partner has only slept on the mattress one with me. She didn't care for it and prefers much softer. I still have random spots muscle soreness because of the constant switching, and because my significant other wraps me like an octopus when she sleeps, which can cause my body to rest in weird positions.

I haven't noticed the indent problem of the dude above me.

Idk I think I like purple mattress, so I give it 5 \:shobon:/ 's out of 5.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I like my purple classic and purple pillow.

Definitely took my body a few lento het used to it, but it’s good

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

neogeo0823 posted:

I've been reading the thread, and I think I need a purple mattress in my life. Can anyone comment on the original vs. the new versions? My wife and I are side/stomach sleepers, and I'm mostly looking for something that sleeps cooler and is more supportive than our current 12 year old not-pocket-coil mattress. Does the new purple really have that much going for it over the original that it justifies the much higher price?

I’m a side sleeper and I have the regular purple. It’s not quite good enough for me. Gonna switch to the new purple.

I think the old/first generation purple is just about perfect for back sleepers.

I used to be a back sleeper but now I’m not. I keep trying to sleep on my back.

If I sleep on my side for a week then my shoulders hurt.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 27, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Vietnamwees posted:

Ok, so who exactly has been hittin' rear end and hidin' cash with their mattress? I demand answers!

It was me Austin.

Except I’m extremely poor so I have no cash to hide :(

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Update: after 9 months I think I don’t like the regular purple mattress as a side sleeper.

It’s a really good mattress for boning on though, maybe the best I’ve ever experienced.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Professor Shark posted:

I've read that mattresses like the Purple can be really warm at night, is there any truth to that? I'd love to just buy one like it on Amazon using Prime

I have a purple 1 and it doesn't run warm at all. in fact it's pleasantly cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
purple 1 hasn't been ideal for my back pain because im a side sleeper

purple 2 and new purple pillow sound dank as heck tho