Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
So I was thinking of getting a purple mattress, and went to their website to find the new purple queen is $1100 ($2100) more than the old style queen ($1000). Did it really change that much? I read through the marketing, but know most of it is over inflated malarkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
Yeah my question was about why the new mattress style is so much more expensive than the old, and if I should just get the old version they they're still selling at $1000

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
The other option is to wait a week or two and see if your back adjusts. Sometimes different beds take a minute for your body to adjust to.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
I really like my new purple 2 for what it's worth. Not sure it's quiiite worth the price, but was a giant upgrade for me. If you decide to try it, keep in mind the 100 day trial is only for the mattress and not the free peripheral they'll bundle in for you. That return policy is 30 days

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Instead of constant edits, new post.

Just did the Purple online chat, and it seems that if we buy the Purple 2, decide it's too firm and want to exchange it for a 3, they deliver the 3, take the old 2 at the same time. No restocking/whatever fees. And they give us 30 days, or 100 - [how far we are into our original trial] days, whichever is longer, to evaluate the new mattress. That seems super easy.

Has anyone had to return/exchange a Purple? Curious how if it really is that easy/free. I don't recall any posts regarding it.

Returning a purple is very easy. You email them and they offer several options for how to do it. They'll pay a company to haul it away, or you can donate it yourself to a local charity and just email them a picture of the donation slip. Often charities will send a truck to get it if you don't have a vehicle to bring it yourself.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
I really like my purple 2, no way I would buy one for my cats though.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
We have a purple 2 2.0 and it's great for us. We like things a bit more on the firm side though. I really like the old purple pillow, the new one is too lofty for me though as a side / back sleeper.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
I'm looking to buy a king purple 3 soon. Are there any deals worth waiting for coming up in the next one to two months? Do purples go on sale for labor day?

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
Thanks! So mattress firms labor day deals won't be any different than what's normally available, while the purple website may have a couple hundred off. I appreciate the info

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
That makes sense thanks! I'll wait and see if any deals come out and if not get it from mattress firm.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

1) message her saying "where did you get it? Odds are good you can return it and get your money back"

They bought it decided it wasn't right for them and used the donate return program and then forged the return slip and kept the mattress and is now selling it for a profit.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
Looks like purples labor day sale is $150 off a king 3. Not a ton of money saved, synestrian would you reccomend just getting it at mattress firm instead with the free bundle sheets etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
Anectodetdly I've owned a purple 2 original line, loved it enough to get a purple 3 king size when it was time. I've had the two for 6 years and while it's a guest bed now I still get complements. I'm a side to back sleeper and it works really well for me.