Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

signalnoise posted:

Having bought a pillow from the OnPurple people, they're probably going to be the source of my next mattress. That material is some kind of amazing.

I just received my Purple bed and it is loving incredible. It is like falling asleep on a large jello mold, without it constantly jiggling.
Last night took a lot of tossing to figure out the best position to lie in, but I have not woken up so refreshed in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Imaduck posted:

The more I read about the Purple mattresses, the more they sound like exactly what I'm looking for. Supposedly motion transfer is pretty minimal, they're cool temperature wise, they're good for sleeping in any position, and they're bouncy enough for sex. Has anybody had any negative experiences with Purple mattresses?
3 days in so far, but I have definitely noticed that I'm sleeping cooler than before and waking up very refreshed no matter how many hours I clock in. My wife, who instigated the purchase (as I was much more skeptical of it being effective), is still finding it difficult to initially get a comfortable position. She is a side-sleeper and I prefer lying on my back so that could be the major difference.
My only complaints are that the mattress' edges are not any more firm to indicate where the end of the bed is; and it is about half the height of a standard spring mattress, so sitting on the edge to put on shoes is a little awkward but I'll adjust eventually.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Nessa posted:

I'd like to get an IKEA bed with drawers underneath and not have to worry about the box spring falling through the frame.
Good news! We just got one that functions as its own box spring so that you can rest the mattress on top; I was told a few months ago that they hadn't reached the online catalog but they are available now.
Something from here, I can't pronounce most of them: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/bedroom/25205/

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Shooting Blanks posted:

I wish I knew someone with a Purple so I could try it out. It sounds awesome but drat, it's pricey compared to everything else.

They will mail you two sample octagons for free to get an impression of how it feels. They were what sold me on the product; as I could not believe how much weight they stood up to without losing form.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

^ I won't let our doggo on the bed because I fear he will never want to leave it.

Unload My Head posted:

Purple mattress goons, how many of you are side sleepers?

I have wide shoulders which always dig into a coil mattress and drive me nuts, and working out has only made it worse. I sleep on my side and I'm seeing some mixed reviews of the Purple from people who also sleep on their side. Should I look elsewhere?

My wife had concerns of it because she is a side-sleeper, but had a vacation away from the Purple and now recognizes how major the difference is. I do not think you will have issues as long as you get an accommodating pillow for side-sleeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Just over 4 months with a Purple bed reporting back, and still very much enjoying it!
I don't fall asleep instantly because I have terrible habits that keep me awake at night, but it is way more comfortable than my couch or guest bed by a very wide margin.