Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://www.tuftandneedle.com/

Go there, throw them money, wait for your 100+ lb box of foam to come in the mail. They only have one model so if you know what size you want you are hardly at risk of decision overload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Beware IKEA's offerings requiring weird rear end sized moon sheets

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Get four of the biggest firmest down pillows you can find at the previously mentioned ~$60 price sweet spot and never look back. It's completely life changing.

$200-250 may sound like a lot for pillows if you're used to crap that has to be replaced all the time. It's more worth it than you can even imagine.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

get a purple or tuft & needle mattress 2 day shipped and use it on the floor

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Reene posted:

I wanted to slide in here and thank the person that posted about Tuft and Needle. I got a hold of one of their fulls and it's amazing. I'm a side sleeper and it's extremely comfortable.

Just need to figure out a new pillow situation now.

You're welcome and you want to go get the two biggest, heaviest extra-firm down pillows you can find and two of these:

http://www.sleepinnovations.com/product/forever-cool-gel-memory-foam-pillow/

I found them at a Big Lots for $15 on a lark but would gladly pay $60 each to replace if anything happened to them. They're a good firm base layer to go under a down pillow but unlike any other foam pillow I've had, are completely formable to shape.

E: of course, if you're REALLY serious about pillows...

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 19, 2017

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I got the Tuft and Needle a couple years ago before they had competitors and it's awesome. The queen size shipped right to my doorstep and was rolled tight enough to fit through every door and tight corner it needed to while still in the box.

E: oh I've already told this thread about it, why did I think I was in GiP current events

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm a side sleeper but also have a lot of chunked memory foam pillows for that reason

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

These are filled with diced up bits of the foam, they're super firm yet shapable unlike the solid ones. Four of them and two really nice xfirm huge down pillows for my head and it's like sleeping in a body mold.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm approaching the 2 year mark on my tuft & needle, still feels good as new.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

My T&N hits the 2 year mark next month and still feels like new, not a soft spot to be found.

Lots of slats or a platform are a must though, I've got mine on poplar 1x2's spaced 4" on center.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I got one in 2016 when they still had the mail BIAB market space mostly to themselves and it still feels like it did the day I got it. They've since raised prices 25% though, I wouldn't do it again at the $750 price point.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Foam bed in a box, comes highly compressed at a better than 4:1 ratio in a box! The queen tuft & needle ships 16"x16"x44", others should be comparable, twins should be tiny.

Just don't open it until it's where it's going.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 12, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lol wtf people actually get off work for presidents day?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What are the goon favorite pillows?

Folks have said the MyPillows are comfy but I don’t want to support a chud.

I'm a sometimes back and sometime side sleeper, my best results have been a 2-pillow solution with chopped memory foam as a base layer and then the biggest extra firm real down pillow I can find on top of it. Spendy but worth it for down, I think I'm getting close to the 5 year mark on the two I have.

E: Pretty sure this is the one I've got, I'll check the label when I get home

https://m.jcpenney.com/p/restful-nights-down-surround-density-pillows/pp5004111274

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

re side sleeper pillow discussion, I've had very good results for years with a two pillow combination of shredded foam as a base and extra firm actual down as the face layer. Even when travelling and on unfamiliar mattresses that combination can be molded into a perfectly comfortable shape and then, most importantly, stays there.