Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
Another question for Synastren, are Purple's adjustable bases worth checking out? We're planning to buy a king mattress + frame and considering going adjustable and wondering if it would be worth going for Purple with both. Also, have your recommendations wrt reliable adjustable bases changed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Synastren posted:

The best widely available base right now is the Tempur ProSmart for a whole trove of poorly communicated reasons. I'm torn between trying to be transparent about its value but also be keenly aware of the competitive advantage of my company, but suffice it to say that after I did a deep dive into it I've been sorely tempted to replace my only-3-year-old base. The sonic oscillation in that base is incredible, and the most innovative thing in adjustable bases since zero clearance became A Thing.

[...]

If you're going with a Purple mattress with a base, though, I'd strongly suggest getting something where the support structure is solid rather than a grid or mesh or anything. Purple's mattresses are among the heaviest in the industry, so you absolutely want to get something that will be able to support it, much less lift it easily. Anything with a lift capacity at or above 650 or 700 lbs in a queen should be ok from a lifting perspective, and anything with a solid support deck should be fine structurally. It really comes down to the features you want!
Thanks for the rec and the tips! Didn't realize Purple mattresses were so heavy. Will keep that in mind when we're trying stuff out :)

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

KodiakRS posted:

I now have a bed and adjustable base that cost more than most of the vehicles I've ever owned. :toot: I have some purple sheets that should be here next week sometime but what do I do about a blanket? I can't really claim to have a preference aside from something breathable but also warm. I was thinking of just getting a cotton duvet cover with a down insert from Ikea but if there are better options I'm all ears.
If you won't feel near-physical pain from buying anything more expensive, I'd recommend down duvets from Feathered Friends. My partner and I have had twin comforters from them for 7 years and aside from wishing they had corner rings or something similar, they are our forever blankets. Not too warm in summer, warm enough in winter.