Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I'm in the market for a new mattress for the first time in an embarrassingly long time and I have no idea where to start. The market seems like its changed alot since the last time I was shopping too.

I'm kinda afraid to buy a mattress without trying it in person, what are my options there?
Are there any industry standard stiffness/firmness measurements that manufacturers use?
Features I should look for or avoid?

My current mattress has had a pretty noticeable sag for awhile now, but recently I've been having lower back pain so I'm finally motivated to find a new one.

If any of this was covered previously point me to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Synastren posted:

Hot tips and good advice

Thanks!

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Is this the right place to ask about pillows?

I haven't bought new pillows for longer than I can remember, so the ones I'm using probably need replacing.

Where do I look for pillows these days? This definitely seems like a try in person thing.

What are the options? Down? Foam? Fancy foam?

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Synastren posted:

I can give more pointed suggestions if I know more!

I'm primarily a stomach sleeper and prefer a fairly moldable pillow. I've always like the down pillows I've had for this.

My biggest issue is where to even find them. There are so few brick and mortar stores left I'm not sure where to check.