Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

My worldview is usually whatever the default is, my old roommate used to have to mess with that poo poo in config files or whatever or he'd get nauseous and I would always make fun of him for it.
:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Death

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Eddy-Baby
Mar 8, 2006

₤₤LOADSA MONAY₤₤
The process has already begun and is probably irreversible

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

hatchi machi I got meself a boner!!!!

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

Nooner posted:

lmao where did you find this? That guy comes in and does karaoke at my neighborhood bar sometimes.

The bar he is shooting this outside of is like the worst one in the area and always full of shitheads lol

Please tell this man that he is everything I hope to be when I'm his age and ask if he has any tips on how I can get there.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

life is pretty good but it would own bones if earth got annihilated by a huge meteor i would be like "lol"

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

It's funny

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"Each of us is little more than the meagre residue of the infinite unrealized possibilities of our lives."
--JG Ballard The Terminal Beach

“You give up the world line by line. Stoically. And then one day you realize that your courage is farcical. It doesn't mean anything. You've become an accomplice in your own annihilation and there is nothing you can do about it. Everything you do closes a door somewhere ahead of you. And finally there is only one door left.”
- Kurt Cobain

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhgLEkgO0yo&t=65s

Edit: better version.

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 14, 2017

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
my worldview is that cool last rites of bokononism "sitting up mud" thing from cats cradle by kurt vonnegut, a bad rear end author for people who don't give a gently caress, like me

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
ive given it some thought and gonna say i'm actually for it now

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Satan rules the world through his earthly vassals the Illuminati. The Illuminati control world economics through various puppet organizations and regimes, such as the Trilateral Commision and Disney. Hollywood, the political class, news media and the banks function as a great propaganda machine to distract and divide the working class

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
2000 years ago a man was born who would sacrifice himself for our sins. That man's name? Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
That sacrifice? His social life.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Every day make the choices and decisions that I will allow me to become the person I want to die having been.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ocean Book posted:

Every day make the choices and decisions that I will allow me to become the person I want to die having been.

fat?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8x73UW8Hjk

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

i think this way too but the trick is you dont tell anyone about it so they dont think youre a loving weirdo

you just act happy and then blow your brains out one day with a suicide note that just reads "lol!"

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

My worldview is best summed up as: Correct.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

lol!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Professor SJW posted:

i think this way too but the trick is you dont tell anyone about it so they dont think youre a loving weirdo

you just act happy and then blow your brains out one day with a suicide note that just reads "lol!"

naw my dude what you do is bust out the Ligotti quotes on the first date.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
As long as the good > the bad in my life, then I'll consider it a success

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

PotatoManJack posted:

As long as the good > the bad in my life, then I'll consider it a success

tell us potato man jack...what is good in life

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

naw my dude what you do is bust out the Ligotti quotes on the first date.

"We're nothing but meat and the evolution of our consciousness to the point that we are aware we will one day die is a horrific mistake on the part of Mother Nature. Please pass the breadsticks"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ul-cZyuYq4

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

ham_sanitizer posted:

tell us potato man jack...what is good in life

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women?

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

dad gay. so what posted:

are you familiar with the works of Voltaire, OP? :smug:

actually im not

tell me more about voltaire *folds arms* :colbert:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

gently caress bigots

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lmbo

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

consciousness and free will are illusions and we are all nothing more than extremely elaborate machines and I have trouble coming to terms with this.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Everyone is suffering to some degree or another and as such we should do our best to carry each other through this fuckin' slog. The only thing that is truly yours is your death, and we all must choose our future regrets.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

I've yet to watch the first season of True Detective, but these clips are what made me pick up Thomas Ligotti's A Conspiracy Against the Human Race.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I'm a materialist atheist.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

consciousness and free will are illusions and we are all nothing more than extremely elaborate machines and I have trouble coming to terms with this.

Consciousness can't be an illusion because I'm experiencing it right now.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

The Dennis System posted:

Consciousness can't be an illusion because I'm experiencing it right now.

you only think you are when in fact "you" don't really exist.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0Om8v8H7g

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The whole world is a narrow bridge, and the important thing is not to be afraid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
big nipples, big life

• Locked thread