Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cnut
May 3, 2016

Well op, my weltanschauung depends on the current zeitgeist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

you only think you are when in fact "you" don't really exist.

My memories, my genes, my temperament, my "neurological pattern", all that stuff together makes up my "self".

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i just put one foot infront of the next, in my fursuit

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
got a chick that likes me and i'm not broke so life's pretty good :)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Jesus Christ posted:

got a chick that likes me and i'm not broke so life's pretty good :)

same except no one likes me and im broke and life is bad

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Metaphysics: mathematical universe hypothesis
Ethics: maximise optimisation of free choices
Socio-politico-economic: present suboptimal false vacuum solved by search for lower energy state model vis maximising optimisation of free choices, success instantly validated by seed-crystal effect
Teleologic: fight entropy via minimising compressibility

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

My best way to make sense of it is to try to break it down to math. If you flip an infinite number of coins an infinite number of times, you end up with all of us and all of our lives. I believe the best thing we can do is raise a cheers to the strange math that lets us exist, be amazed that we're here to talk about it, and tell fun stories when anything works at all. It's honestly absurd that you're even able to read these words.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Real Mean Queen posted:

My best way to make sense of it is to try to break it down to math. If you flip an infinite number of coins an infinite number of times, you end up with all of us and all of our lives. I believe the best thing we can do is raise a cheers to the strange math that lets us exist, be amazed that we're here to talk about it, and tell fun stories when anything works at all. It's honestly absurd that you're even able to read these words.

i cant read

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

That's for the best

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Future's so bright I gotta wear shades

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I can see a few trees and some grass from where I'm sitting, so greenish I guess

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Foreverially tied up and delitized

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

SBJ posted:

big nipples, big life

the best quote from the insane indian men Facebook thread

does it follow that small nipples entail a small life? *hmmmmmms*

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Ultimately, everything is pointless

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Today my friend IMed me and asked for my input on worldviews, apparently he and another friend were arguing about whether changing worldviews is an unfair advantage in Overwatch and I thought a little bit less of him for caring that much about a game where a DJ on roller skates fights a gorilla

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Currently my only world view is that KMFDM is good.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
unironic cultural marxism

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i am a solipsist. i believe that i am the only thing that actually exists, and everything else is just a figment of my imagination. like Azathoth

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
humanity is a mistake

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

thathonkey posted:

humanity is a mistake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL9Y24ciNWs&t=24s

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Some motherfuckers always tryin to ice skate uphill...

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

thathonkey posted:

humanity is a mistake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxZpEFJhO6k

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Mud.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

thathonkey posted:

humanity is a mistake

ya but it's p funny sometimes

like this era in murican history

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
Everything is like not being into sports, yet being dragged somewhere to watch a sports game. Everyone is really into the game, and I just sit there and try to feign interest once in a while.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
My world view is that I get to be incredibly annoyed with a different group of people depending on who is President. For the last 8 years the Tea Party had my blood pressure up. Now for the next few years I get to be annoyed with self righteous leftists who call anyone who doesn't ascribe to their brand of bullshit a Nazi or alt-right etc. (At least until impeachment?)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Muppet Rabies posted:

My world view is that I get to be incredibly annoyed with a different group of people depending on who is President. For the last 8 years the Tea Party had my blood pressure up. Now for the next few years I get to be annoyed with self righteous leftists who call anyone who doesn't ascribe to their brand of bullshit a Nazi or alt-right etc. (At least until impeachment?)

my world view is this guy is a pussy who needs to pick a side or get off the loving fence

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Professor SJW posted:

needs to pick a side

No way, man. This just leads to tribal thinking and extremist thinking and blindly following a party and seeing everything in black and white and a lot of other problems, man. Picking a side and sticking to is the worst thing you can do, man.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

The Dennis System posted:

No way, man. This just leads to tribal thinking and extremist thinking and blindly following a party and seeing everything in black and white and a lot of other problems, man. Picking a side and sticking to is the worst thing you can do, man.

in the Great Culture War of 2018 such men will be cut down like the traitorous dogs they are

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Muppet Rabies posted:

South Park was never good

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

HAT FETISH posted:

South Park was never good

Much like,, your posting :grin:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Muppet Rabies posted:

sieg heil motherfucker

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Eddy-Baby posted:

The process has already begun and is probably irreversible

Dank / dark af

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
experience as much as possible while dealing with as few people as possible

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

That Robot posted:

how do you view the world?

i think it kind of sucks but there is weed, boobs, the Internet and something awful dot com so it's kind of ok

what do y'all think

I think the weak are pussifying it by the death of a thousand weaknesses. Everything triggers everything and cavemen are likely taking it all over without any resistance.

That's my hot take. I will likely be dead before that happens, but welp.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

I think the weak are pussifying it by the death of a thousand weaknesses. Everything triggers everything and cavemen are likely taking it all over without any resistance.

That's my hot take. I will likely be dead before that happens, but welp.

my worldview is the world would be better without fogtripper in it :twisted:

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
gas the jews RaHoWa now free tibet smoke weed erryday

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Professor SJW posted:

my worldview is the world would be better without fogtripper in it :twisted:

Edgy and also so creative. :clap:

a misanthrope