Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

That's some bad hat, Harry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fog Tripper posted:

That's some bad hat, Harry.

I bet you get a free bowl of soup with it.

Oh, it looks good on you though :rolleyes:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

VendaGoat posted:

I bet you get a free bowl of soup with it.

Oh, it looks good on you though :rolleyes:

r-rodney?? :wth:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Grim, OP

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the purpose of life is to improve thyself through seeking out formative pain, OP

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
My world view is organic, sustainable food. Sure it's got a premium but it soothes your soul.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

the purpose of life is to improve thyself through seeking out formative pain, OP

IE paying a dominatrix to kick me in the balls.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

My world view is organic, sustainable food. Sure it's got a premium but it soothes your soul.

*Zizek sniff*

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

Less important is the answer to the question "what do you want out of life" than the answer to the question "what pain will you endure in your life?"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Less important is the answer to the question "what do you want out of life" than the answer to the question "what pain will you endure in your life?"

One begets the other.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
My theory on life is this:

Life is like a bottle rocket being shot out of someone's rear end in a top hat. Sometimes you're the bottle rocket, escaping your smelly prison and soaring off into the heavens... and sometimes you're the smelly rear end in a top hat that is left behind that has just been been badly scorched by the escaping bottle rocket's flames, meaning that every poo poo over the next week will be excruciatingly painful as the turd rubs up against your terribly burnt anus.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Either way, you'll eventually die, everyone who remembers you will die, anything you ever touched will die or be destroyed and then it's like ya never existed.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFaZyHxQGYQ

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I think that being angry about poo poo beyond your control is loving stupid. Spend your money how you wish, exercise your political rights how you wish, and try to be happy. loving lol if you spend time being angry about poo poo beyond that.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

ya the world is extra-loco lately

with a side of fiery bullshit

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

no it's seeking out knowledge and seeing what janky bullshit will happen next

PotatoManJack posted:

My theory on life is this:

Life is like a bottle rocket being shot out of someone's rear end in a top hat. Sometimes you're the bottle rocket, escaping your smelly prison and soaring off into the heavens... and sometimes you're the smelly rear end in a top hat that is left behind that has just been been badly scorched by the escaping bottle rocket's flames, meaning that every poo poo over the next week will be excruciatingly painful as the turd rubs up against your terribly burnt anus.

so youre saying we should farm it out to an MLRS stationed in someones rear end in a top hat and fire turds out

got it :captainpop:

Munchables posted:

Either way, you'll eventually die, everyone who remembers you will die, anything you ever touched will die or be destroyed and then it's like ya never existed.

ya it's also a hosed to death piece of poo poo and it just loving sucks poo poo and piss

pisstastic reality, that is

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Honky Dong Country posted:

I think that being angry about poo poo beyond your control is loving stupid. Spend your money how you wish, exercise your political rights how you wish, and try to be happy. loving lol if you spend time being angry about poo poo beyond that.

gently caress if only somebody had told me just to not be angry or care about poo poo beyond my control :doh: the answer was so simple the whole time

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Munchables posted:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i guess to love laugh and pray to eat the juice from the juicefruit of life live ont he edge or else I'm taking up too much space and to gently caress a car so i can be on a tlc television special when all myf riends told me I couldn't be a actor

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
permanently wearing the critique of ideology glasses from the popular slavoj zizek film 'they live'

Zajajaja
Jan 10, 2008
As soon as the money leaves your hands you are abdicated of whatever sin is committed with that dough, but it does mean that you are responsible for the cash up until that point so like purchase poo poo wisely and purchase stuff from places you like.
If you mean 'worldview' like politics lol good luck buddy that shits been shown to be dead since like the 80s all you can do now is attempt to earn and distribute money in ways you see fit, we're long past the point of ideology meaning anything other then 'where do u put the subsidies'.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Im a moderate hedonist because I either lack the courage or have too much sense to be a radical hedonist. I mean look where radical hedonism got crowley: a nasty rear end harem, opium addiction, and every std known to man. No tanks.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nathilus posted:

Im a moderate hedonist because I either lack the courage or have too much sense to be a radical hedonist. I mean look where radical hedonism got crowley: a nasty rear end harem, opium addiction, and every std known to man. No tanks.

then your not a hedonist your an epicurean

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Sure, but that doesn't make it less true :)

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Since the quality of my existence is only measurable relative to every other existence, I've decided that its pretty good.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Rutibex posted:

then your not a hedonist your an epicurean

Not exactly. Epicureanism is a specific philosophy. Like hedonism it finds pleasure as the highest of lifes goals by way of denying the validity of supernatural explanations and deciding that of all observable processes, it is pleasure which is most capable of making us content. Unlike hedonism however, epicureanism holds that the absence of suffering is the greatest pleasure (wrong, it cheez whiz blowjobs) and advocates for a life of simplicity.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'd like to live a virtuous an excellent life in the fashion of aristotle but i think i'll just intentionally overdose

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nathilus posted:

Not exactly. Epicureanism is a specific philosophy. Like hedonism it finds pleasure as the highest of lifes goals by way of denying the validity of supernatural explanations and deciding that of all observable processes, it is pleasure which is most capable of making us content. Unlike hedonism however, epicureanism holds that the absence of suffering is the greatest pleasure (wrong, it cheez whiz blowjobs) and advocates for a life of simplicity.

you misunderstand Epicureanism. eating cheese whiz and blowjobs is very important, but it is even more important to live a moderate life so that you can obtain as much blowjobs and cheese whiz as you can over time. if you focus on only the whiz at first you will obtain but a little, but if you develop yourself and gain wealth and respect you can obtain more whiz in the long run.

moderation isn't the goal, its the strategy

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Rutibex posted:

you misunderstand Epicureanism. eating cheese whiz and blowjobs is very important, but it is even more important to live a moderate life so that you can obtain as much blowjobs and cheese whiz as you can over time. if you focus on only the whiz at first you will obtain but a little, but if you develop yourself and gain wealth and respect you can obtain more whiz in the long run.

moderation isn't the goal, its the strategy

Youre right, that isnt epicureanism as I understand it. Everything I've read about it has stated that epicureanism is more about limiting pain and suffering theough various methods (knowledge, harmonious relationships, moderation) than it is about obtaining pleasures. To an epicurean, the lack of suffering IS the greatest pleasure. Which is bs.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
the best worldview I've heard lately is none other than

:siren:🎇big nipples, big life🎇:siren:

a wise philosophy for a turbulent age :smuggo:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Never get caught jacking off. Ever. Almost failed a couple times but I'm still batting a thousand.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
God created the earth around 6 thousand years ago and man inherited Adams sin debt which has separated us from God but that God chose to pay that debt himself by sacrificing himself for us, and that we can be reunited in a relationship with God by simply believing what He says is true.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Little under five feet from the ground, I think

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Everyone and everything is terrible

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
It's :piaa:

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

That Robot posted:

the best worldview I've heard lately is none other than

:siren:🎇big nipples, big life🎇:siren:

a wise philosophy for a turbulent age :smuggo:

I win

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Trunko posted:

God created the earth around 6 thousand years ago and man inherited Adams sin debt which has separated us from God but that God chose to pay that debt himself by sacrificing himself for us, and that we can be reunited in a relationship with God by simply believing what He says is true.

God sent Adam and Eve out of Eden because he was scared they would become divine.

But regardless, even if heaven and hell are real, there's no point to it because after the war between heaven and hell whoever's left will just be sitting around oh boy so great wowee what a wonderful end goal.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Munchables posted:

God sent Adam and Eve out of Eden because he was scared they would become divine.

But regardless, even if heaven and hell are real, there's no point to it because after the war between heaven and hell whoever's left will just be sitting around oh boy so great wowee what a wonderful end goal.

Stop talking poo poo about subjects you have no worldly idea about.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

VendaGoat posted:

Stop talking poo poo about subjects you have no worldly idea about.

Are you talking about the Eden part? Go to Genesis and read the part before God sends them out, he says that because they've gained wisdom from eating the fruit, they might become as powerful as him. He also purposefully makes the Pharaoh not let the jews leave Egypt so he can show the Egyptians how cool he is.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Munchables posted:

Are you talking about the Eden part? Go to Genesis and read the part before God sends them out, he says that because they've gained wisdom from eating the fruit, they might become as powerful as him. He also purposefully makes the Pharaoh not let the jews leave Egypt so he can show the Egyptians how cool he is.

There are many differing stories is what I am saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Lmbo

• Locked thread