Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
‘We’re the Only Plane in the Sky’, an oral history of the confusion and chaos in the hours after 9/11 and where Bush's staff took him to the safest place they could think of: in Air Force One, with American airspace completely shut down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
jimmy breslin died. heres a thing he wrote

Digging JFK's Grave

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
espn put out this feature today

quote:

A college football player thought he and a friend were going to meet up with two women. Instead, they were abducted and tortured for 40 hours -- all because of a teammate.

its uh. :stare:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
if you ever wanted a look into the world of online mattress reviewing, then do I have the story for you

quote:

I called my editor and confessed that in a moment of weakness I had accepted a free mattress from an online mattress reviewer named Kenny, and that I wanted to write about this bizarre industry and its even more bizarre David-and-Goliath legal battle.

I couldn’t know it then, but the outcome of that battle would influence the purchase decisions of many thousands, if not millions, of people seeking a good night’s sleep. It would also reveal just how thoroughly the internet and the businesses that thrived there had blurred the lines between product reviews and advertisements. All I’d wanted was a mattress, but what I got was a look at a little-known and hugely lucrative annex of e-commerce, one where the relationships can often get a little too comfy—until they’re not.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
long, but a good into weinstien's behind the scenes machinations to keep up with his systemic abuses

https://twitter.com/jodikantor/status/938204161140654080

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
if you are in a good mood, and want to be instead in a sad mood

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/964329035223445505

quote:

The Bardens had already tried to change America’s gun laws by studying the Second Amendment and meeting with President Obama in the Oval Office. They had spoken at tea party rallies, posed for People magazine and grieved on TV with Katie Couric. They had taken advice from a public relations firm, learning to say “magazine limits” and not “magazine bans,” to say “gun responsibility” and never “gun control.” When none of that worked, they had walked the halls of Congress with a bag of 200 glossy pictures and beseeched lawmakers to look at their son: his auburn hair curling at the ears, his front teeth sacrificed to a soccer collision, his arms wrapped around Ninja Cat, the stuffed animal that had traveled with him everywhere, including into the hearse and underground.

Almost six months now, and so little had gotten through. So maybe a Mother’s Day card. Maybe that.

this may help

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
The Harrison Family Murders: How a stunning series of police failures made it take three different suspicious deaths - all in the same family home over the course of years - to open a proper investigation

quote:

CALEB HARRISON was not the first person in his family to die at 3635 Pitch Pine Cres. He was not even the second. In April 2010, his 63-year-old mother, Bridget Harrison, was found dead at the bottom of the stairs leading to the second floor. Her body lay steps away from the powder room where one year earlier she had discovered her husband, Bill Harrison, cold and lifeless. His death at 64 was classified as natural until Bridget died under suspicious circumstances and a coroner updated his file, placing the deaths of husband and wife in the same category. “Undetermined.”

And now a third mysterious death. An entire family wiped out. How could this happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/TexasMonthly/status/1129763846774829061

:smith: