Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues

Gizmodo posted:

Jon Jafari is a popular YouTube gamer and comedian better known as JonTron. He’s the founder of Normalboots—a network of channels including Did You Know Gaming and Peanutbuttergamer—and was the original cohost of the “Let’s Play” channel Game Grumps [...]

More recently, Jafari has claimed that Mexican immigrants are setting up “ethnic enclaves” in the US “to break parts of America off back into Mexico.”

Gizmodo posted:

Jafari began his descent into madness on Sunday, when he tweeted a defense of Iowa Representative Steve King’s controversial claim that “[we] can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies,” a remark that has since been condemned by just about everyone except for white nationalist and possible fish-human David Duke . From there, Jafari’s tweets led him to agree to defend his positions during a conversation with professional streamer Steve Bonnell, better known as Destiny, on Twitch. [...]

Gizmodo posted:

Over the course of two hours, Jafari’s comments on the stream ranged from baseless to deeply inflammatory. In addition to his ludicrous claim about Mexicans attempting to somehow recapture American land, he said that “we don’t need immigrants from incompatible places” and that white people were going through a “demographic displacement” due to immigration, which he likened to apartheid South Africa.

Jafari also claimed that wealthy black Americans commit more crimes than poor whites (citation badly needed), the court system doesn’t display bias against people of color (it does), that Irish and Italians were always considered “white” in America (they weren’t), and that Black Lives Matter doesn’t disavow violence (it does). “We’ve gotten rid of discrimination in our Western countries,” said Jafari, only to later state that “nobody wants to become a minority in their own country.”

Gizmodo posted:

The source of Jafari’s anxiety seems to be the looming possibility that whites will become a minority in the United States, which he projects will happen by 2042 . And despite Bonnell asking repeatedly why that matters, Jafari instead stumbled through far right talking points vilifying immigrants as lazy criminals and demanding the need for America to have a unifying culture (though he was unable to express why that would demand a white majority). “White interests” and “tribalism” were something he harped on repeatedly but was unable to quantify or defend the importance of. Bonnell pointed out that Jafari is half Iranian and half Hungarian himself. Jafari appeared open to the idea of immigration, conceding that “if they assimilated they would enter the gene pool eventually.” [...]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That is literally the most punchable face I have ever seen.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i listened to that podcast. he doesn't give a poo poo, he expected this response and for his reputation to be destroyed. this is basically suicide by SJW

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
there is some strange correlation between trump supporters and subaverage humans i cant quite make the connection though

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I asked this in the other thread before it got gassed but who the gently caress is this and why does anyone care what he says or thinks about anything?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Thx for reminding me to check out sheep-goats animal thread w/ the German parrot. I had almost forgot I wanted to do that earlier. Good luck on your garbage retard thread for idiots op!

UPDATE: the parrot does not talk or ne thing, but he does walk in a way that makes you understand where the term goosestep comes from. P good imo!

Ork of Fiction fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 15, 2017

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

1gnoirents posted:

there is some strange correlation between trump supporters and subaverage humans i cant quite make the connection though

Makes sense, it's a negative correlation :smugdon:

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I asked this in the other thread before it got gassed but who the gently caress is this and why does anyone care what he says or thinks about anything?

He used to make some pretty funny youtube videos about games. Now he spends most of his time either making sponsored advertainment videos for his corporate masters or making an rear end of himself on twitter.

Ork of Fiction posted:

the parrot does not talk or ne thing, but he does walk in a way that makes you understand where the term goosestep comes from. P good imo!
you should like this thread then, it's also about a goosestepping parrot

Mr. Bones fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 15, 2017

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Manfrompoot posted:

He used to make some pretty funny youtube videos about games. Now he spends most of his time either making sponsored advertainment videos for his corporate masters or making an rear end of himself on twitter.

Hey I hate to be "that other guy", but seriously who?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Manfrompoot posted:

So he's just some nobody youtube gamer but apparently his opinions about immigration warrant a Time magazine article. I hope a big asteroid smashes into us real soon. Like, real soon.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
even his own reddit is dumping on him

dude's a alt-right rear end in a top hat that even :reddit: hates. how loving amazing is that?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
normally i'd tell you to eat poo poo and die for basically reposting a news article but drat if i dont enjoy 240+ lb infants outing themselves as trump supporters

e: i also liked the thread title

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
he's part Persian. he isn't even really white by the exacting standards of white nationalists. they'd stick him in a cattle car.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I'm shocked to learn that someone who plays video games for a living has the political acumen of a literal retard.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Tricky D posted:

I'm shocked to learn that someone who plays video games for a living is a literal retard.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Tricky D posted:

I'm shocked to learn that someone plays video games for a living literal retard.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

Tricky D posted:

I'm shocked to learn that someone who plays video games for a living is a literal retard.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

e: gently caress doublepost

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe we should just homogenize the distribution of people so every locale has a tonal gradient. :shrug:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

We sure have had a lot of threads on this guy. Why do goons care about him so much? :confused:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol this guys such a loving moron it's almost impressive

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
They spliced up his comments and present them with no context and add editorial lines like "descent into madness" and saying he suffered from "anxiety". Nice attempt at journalism Gizmodo

Isnt Gizmodo supposed to be about tech? Why are they reporting about people discussing politics? Oh right, Gizmodo is garbage.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I thought he was a funnyman, so I would assume he's joking? Right?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Like how can you both be a white supremacist and film yourself playing anime video games on the internet. Doesn't one disprove the other?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bip Roberts posted:

Like how can you both be a white supremacist and film yourself playing anime video games on the internet. Doesn't one disprove the other?

let me introduce you to the concept of the "Anime Nazi."

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Pawl posted:

They spliced up his comments and present them with no context and add editorial lines like "descent into madness" and saying he suffered from "anxiety". Nice attempt at journalism Gizmodo

Isnt Gizmodo supposed to be about tech? Why are they reporting about people discussing politics? Oh right, Gizmodo is garbage.

Yeah he seems like a really cool guy, sucks that this terrible stuff is happening to him. RIP burgerpug

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

JiveHonky posted:

Yeah he seems like a really cool guy, sucks that this terrible stuff is happening to him. RIP burgerpug

:rip: :burgerpug:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
so many loving alt right poo poo bags and nazis in gbs now , gently caress off to stormfront or 4chan . gbs needs the trash taken out

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

He was on AVGN to play some games and banter. He was horribly unfunny and completely cringeworthy throughout.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
Whatever jons an idiot but I feel bad for anyone who argues with destiny. He's an utter loving retard but he's so cocky that he can sell his dogshit opinions to most twitch and twitter users

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

uber_stoat posted:

he's part Persian. he isn't even really white by the exacting standards of white nationalists. they'd stick him in a cattle car.

Let me tell you about aryans

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Piss de Bundy posted:

so many loving alt right poo poo bags and nazis in gbs now , gently caress off to stormfront or 4chan . gbs needs the trash taken out

This is so loving ridiculous. Show me one racist post in GBS. Just one. Go on. I'll be waiting.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Pawl posted:

Am I to understand that this is about ethics in video game journalism?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Piss de Bundy posted:

:goonsay:, He frantically screamed from his padded cell

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol there we go , have 2 alt right fancy boys already . Show me the racism in gbs they say . I could do that , and watch as you say nah that's just a joke m8 or dissect it but gbs isn't an alt right safe space

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

even his own reddit is dumping on him

dude's a alt-right rear end in a top hat that even :reddit: hates. how loving amazing is that?

because hes loud + fat

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Piss de Bundy posted:

lol there we go , have 2 alt right fancy boys already . Show me the racism in gbs they say . I could do that , and watch as you say nah that's just a joke m8 or dissect it but gbs isn't an alt right safe space

If you could do it, then do it. Show me a single racist post.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Funky See Funky Do posted:

If you could do it, then do it. Show me a single racist post.

the one where the op is friend of the family FAGGOTS

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

:shittypop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

he should do an interview with terry gross

• Locked thread