Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So how long has/till you get your stroker motor back from the machinist?

also I dont mean to pry but how much have you spent on this project?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Speaking as someone who has a shop and sometimes works on things for friends, I agree 100%. It's not malicious (at least in my case) but it sure is true about the timeframe.

With out writing a novel I have a old toyota, in a shop getting rebuilt. The old 22RE's are great engines. Anyway the machine shop gets the engine back to them, but there was need for a new transmission, and they got the wrong one. I call here and there, and now I go everyweek. I could see the engine on the stand, and for two weeks no work had been done. I spoke with the tech and politely said I understand it gets done when it gets done, but I have people leaning on me about this so now everyweek I am gonna have to swing by and talk to him just so I can say I went by and spoke to them.

I dont bother asking about time frame, I didnt bat an eye when he talked about how there was only one other tech and there are "big jobs" I just let him know that I would be seeing him next week.

• Locked thread