Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Ups_rail posted:

also I dont mean to pry but how much have you spent on this project?
This is something best never looked at or added up...or even thought about. It's a sure way to make you cry then realize it would have been WAY cheaper to buy something already done or take up all the drugs as a hobby.

ironblock posted:

In other words, in terms of monthly outlay, it's broadly comparable to buying a 124 Spider with no money down and a 5 year loan (except that the Fiat would have a warranty (which it would need)).
Never thought about it that way, that makes it even worse. I could be driving and/or leasing one hell of a nice car for what I've thrown at projects in the last few years.

Good to see the thread back and progress being made. Things will be much easier now that you don't have to fly across the country to work on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

ironblock posted:

On the Subject of Automotive Professionals
Independent garages, insurance-driven autobody, and major brand dealerships. Those are the three types of professional automotive entities that are at all capable of scoping out work and finishing it in a timely manner.
The only way to avoid this problem is to do all your own work, but that's a different kind of hell.
At some point you would think we would learn that having friends that own shops work on things isn't in our best interest. ~6 months wasted on the E21, almost at two months waiting on engine/transmission mounts.

ironblock posted:

But, well, since that was really the last thing... I got to thinking about how bad it would be, I mean, really... for me to drive the car on the road with no temp gauge.
Oh boy.
Some people never learn

• Locked thread