Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/matrix-reboot-works-at-warner-bros-986292

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

WOOOOO LET'S loving GOOOOOO!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
hm. i don't know how i feel about a matrix 'reboot'

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Michael B Jordan owns bones

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Keanu doesn't age, he could play Neo again.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

now they get to bring down the first Matrix movie to the level of the other two. on the other hand, they can take back the term "red pill" from disgusting internet neanderthals

ROFLburger posted:

hm. i don't know how i feel about a matrix 'reboot'
it was the first R-rated movie that i saw in theaters and almost 20 years later, they're remaking it. it makes me feel weird and old

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

now they get to bring down the first Matrix movie to the level of the other two. on the other hand, they can take back the term "red pill" from disgusting internet neanderthals

Jupiter Ascending, V for Vendetta and Cloud Atlas made the Matrix sequels look like masterpieces. I can only fathom the reboot being worse than all of those.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That first Matrix movie is so good. May be kind of a hot take but I don't care much for the sequels,

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The men and women of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. are excellent decision makers.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The men and women of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. are excellent decision makers.

[Walks in to WB with an ar-15]

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I think the bigger story here is how desperate they are now that Harry Potter is over.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Dinosaurs! posted:

I think the bigger story here is how desperate they are now that Harry Potter is over.

Pretty sure they're trying to set up an extended Harry Potter cinematic universe with that Fantastic Beasts movie. Lol

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Well yeah, but brainstorming new HP movies isn't as sure of a thing as going off an established series.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

In Training posted:

That first Matrix movie is so good. May be kind of a hot take but I don't care much for the sequels,

My favorite part of the two sequels was the 20 minute dirt rave scene

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Remember the techno rave scene in Matrix: Reloaded?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFjxt09J-M

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That scene is the first time in my life I turned off a movie midway through and thought "maybe not every movie is good" so it's probably actually a pretty important movie to me.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

That scene is the first time in my life I turned off a movie midway through and thought "maybe not every movie is good" so it's probably actually a pretty important movie to me.

I saw it in theaters in 9th grade and it was the first time I remember being so excited for a movie and leaving with such disdain lol

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
holy crap the matrix is 18 years old so i am old as hell

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Highway Chase scene in Reloaded was badass but yeah shame about the rest of the movie

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Michael Shannon would make a good Agent Smith, just sayin'

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Plutonis posted:

The Highway Chase scene in Reloaded was badass but yeah shame about the rest of the movie

Burly Brawl

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Plutonis posted:

Except for those albino dreadlock nosferatu twins with cut-throat razors turning into some of the worst CG ghosts ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiFmdPl3lSA

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w
Finally they'll be able to do Sophia Stewart's story justice.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Are full length trench coats with mandarin collars going to come back in fashion again?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

StuG Jeebus posted:

Michael Shannon would make a good Agent Smith, just sayin'

I love him

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Michael Shannon is the best part of every movie he is in except Groundhog Day

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

i think i posted about this in imp zone before but i remember seeing north as a kid and being genuinely confused why i didnt like a movie

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

I remember being blown away by this in theaters but even a few years later it looked really bad. The highway and chateau scenes still own though. I don't think it should be remade because the first Matrix is hard to improve upon and the whole aesthetic worked in '99 but I don't think would work now.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i think i posted about this in imp zone before but i remember seeing north as a kid and being genuinely confused why i didnt like a movie

I'm trying to remember the first movie I ever stopped part way out of sheer boredom when I was 5 or 6 and I'm about 99% sure it was a Don Bluth movie.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm trying to remember the first movie I ever stopped part way out of sheer boredom when I was 5 or 6 and I'm about 99% sure it was a Don Bluth movie.

That's hosed up dude. Unless it was rock-a-doodle.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
At least we wont have to hear about those 2 brothers anymore.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Ok, I was wrong, I remember exactly what it was now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

ahhahahaahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Story checks out.

• Locked thread