Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Apparently I was supposed to put something here.
Fun Shoe
Problem description: On Monday, I switched from using Office 2013 to Office 2016 (64-bit) on my work computer. Ever since then, my endnote references aren't showing up as superscript in the text, even though they should be based on their style.

They show up as tiny numbers at the normal text level in Print Layout view and when actually printed; however, in Draft view, they appear correctly. This is what they look like in Print Layout view and on paper:

The endnote references are in the Endnote Reference style, which has the following parameters:

This has persisted across documents, including documents created/last edited before I started using 2016.

Attempted fixes: I tried the changes described here, including changing the Endnote Reference style and ensuring that that style was applied to my endnote references.

Recent changes: This only started happening after I switched from Microsoft Office 2013 to Microsoft Office 2016; I suspect this is the source of the problem.

--

Operating system: Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 (64-bit)

System specs: Dell 3020 (desktop), Intel Core i5-4590 3.30 GHz CPU, 8 GB of RAM.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd try completely uninstalling Office and reinstalling 2016 if possible. I'm not sure how you installed it last time (some kind of upgrade or fresh install etc.)

• Locked thread