Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

:siren::syoon:HELL YEAH THE HEROINE IS HERE:syoon::siren:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Worth looking at: the catface /cover version of the op

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtGTIqoMELYc

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Krauss is the coolest and strongest sibling, and after his victory over 🐐 I can't believe y'all are doubting him.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

resurgam40 posted:

she's got her "cute" face on

Excuse you all Beato faces are cute

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Natsuhi and Krauss roll Kinzo around on a hand truck, eyes hidden by sunglasses.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's really more like Weekend At Kinzo's 2

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

In point of fact, Beatrice is in DS1.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Okonogi is probably not literally the same (although that is possible) but is that at least that individual in this fragment.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Eleanore posted:

If I'm reading this right, you're saying Umineko probably doesn't take place within the same Fragment as Higurashi because

Events similar too Higurashi may have taken place in Umineko's world, but Bern was definitely born in/Lambda played her game in the Himazawa from a different world. That's all that is relevant.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

When she said she was the cruelest, she wasn't kidding .

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

Also because Frederica Bernkastel exists - and is a witch - but is distinct from Umineko's Bernkastel. This last point was at one time unclear, which somewhat confused matters.

No they're the same. (Higurashi) Bern is the Rika who unmade Takano, but wasn't able​ to enjoy the fruits of that victory herself.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Erika is the best, listen to her theme

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Eleanore posted:

I'm guessing this is our cue to solve the epitaph before the game tells us how to do it? In which case I got nothing. I had some crap idea about migration patterns of some butterfly that had one of the kanjis in its name, but it took me absolutely nowhere. I'll just jump on board TLCs Taiwan - RUDOL thing.

Wow the game is really stuck on telling us how much like an Ushiromiya Erika is like :tinfoil: If she's Bernkastel's self-insert OC, isn't it super common to make those related to the original characters in bad fanfic? She might not be the culprit, but she could be the caller. THE SON THING IS A RED HERRING. (okay to be fair, if that was the case then why would Bernkastel ask Lambda to confirm the call in red?)

I was also thinking about how we've generally accepted that Kumasawa, Genji and Nanjo are probably accomplishes. The game has also pretty much been yelling in our face about how Virgillia and Ronove are the magical counterparts to Kumasawa and Genji... So is Gaap supposed to be Nanjo?

She's one of the 27 great demons.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

resurgam40 posted:

:sigh: Really? That's how we're translating this, oh translation team? I gather the intent of the language here- of someone who likes exposing secrets that others want to hide- but do you really want to cheapen that word by using it in this way? I don't know that I'm comfortable here with that. But still... horrible person is horrible, as expected of the pawn of the increasingly capricious witch of miracles.

So the gold is real, as proclaimed in red... and will become a real problem, if how such extravagant wealth is usually portrayed in fiction is any indication- particularly detective fiction. The more valuable the riches are, the greater its "curse"... and the more blood pools around it. Congrats, Battler?

I believe that's what it actually says in Japanese.

Ericka's the loving worst, Ericka's the loving best.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Eleanore posted:

Not to ruin the magic, but in this context, isn't Beatrice just a coping method for Natsuhi being stressed beyond belief? In other words, Natsuhi is the Sailor Moon cosplayer! Maybe Jessica doesn't have to worry so much about her mom finding out about her after school activities after all.

There is fanart of Natsuhi looking embarrassed in SM cosplay while Beato and Gaap laugh in the corner

Alas, I no longer have it

E: do not gis Seacats fanart

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's a couple people with AVs in the pipeline but yeah you've always been Erika.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think my favorite mystery is still Orient Express.

CottonWolf posted:

If Battler's incompetent and even he can show up Bern, that doesn't say much for the quality of our heroine. Also, if anyone hasn't read it, And Then There Were None is possibly my favourite Christie.

Erika isn't Bern, she just works for her. Hence why Bern and Lambda are laughing :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh drat I thought Dlanor was today's update

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yep.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So yeah no, not quite Girl Knox, but she is his daughter :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Artificer posted:

Why would you do this

#Miracles4Lyfe

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Note that this demonstrates the reality of magic: the witch's darkness, combined with the Endless Magic, traps those on the gameboard until at least 2006, when Greenspan left office.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So yeah Dlanor's whole thing is hating the game, not the player. She's still totally merc you during the game though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

So, it gets a bit inconvenient to constantly prefix or suffix everything I say with "except none of these people exist". In order to simplify this post, and some future ones, let me suppose the following: Bernkastel, Lambdadelta, and Erika only exist as characters in a story being told inside the story, and their interactions only affect that second layer of reality. This story might be a bottle story, a representation of someone's suppositions of the crime, a delusion, or some other thing. So when I'm referring to any of them, I just mean the story representations of them and am not in any way acknowledging their reality in the primary story.

You know Battler himself has pointed out on several occasions that there's no reason to fight the Meta.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Gosh why do these pantsless nuns have to be so rigid

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I forget if y'all have previously seen what Virgilia is actually the witch of before now.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So now that Battler's dead, please enjoy the following there episodes, now entirely ‹good›.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Res

Calm down man, it's a video game

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

quote:

I am the cruelest witch in the world. Whoever the opponent may be, I'll certainly make them surrender.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tender Child Loins posted:

Maybe it's my personal poo poo, but I have zero tolerance for that excuse. Only being considerate and non-misogynistic when he's not stressed or pissed off is worse, in my book. And he's an adult. We can only blame daddy so much after a certain point; after that, our behavior is on us.
It is worth noting that of the four, Krauss is the only one who was never able to distance himself from Kinzo. None of the others ever truly escaped his influence either, but up until the old man finally bit it Krauss was the only one under the thumb 24/7.

As always I don't intend to absolve the characters or give you extra insight, merely remind you of what has been ‹presented›

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

resurgam40 posted:

Well, to answer that question, I think we have to address the circumstances of this 5th game- and the fact that, in Beatrice's absence, Lambdadelta took the reins. It is easy to say that since this is a "game without love", as Ronove puts it, that Shortcackle is just ducking around with things willy nilly for fun, but recall that it was mentioned that LD actually does have a good understanding of how Beatrice and her "game" work.

Lambda is Beato's backer and the game master, she has all the answers. She's just agreed with Bern not to mention them because their scenario is more funny.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Who could have predicted that the abused and harassed Umineko character would snap and escalate!?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's a tea party and ??? as always.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

E: well you'll see

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 21, 2017

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

this is the best poo poo

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Aisu posted:

The cape look is cool and all, but witches have a well established visual style. I demand Battler in a fancy dress immediately.

He's a sorcerer.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

She may be a murderer, but at least she never had sex with anybody but her husband.

A little bit of homicide is part for the course, but sex with Kinzo would be icky.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

havenwaters posted:

Necrophilia tends to be

With the one winged eagle engraved in our hearts, is he ever truly dead?

Goldsmith 4 Lyfe

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There are at minimum two more.

CottonWolf posted:

Yeah, that's a genuinely good av, resurgam! Mittenhands cape-Battler is surprising well drawn.

You will never attain the rank of Witch until you UNDERSTAND that the mittenhands we're always well drawn, and, in fact, the superior version.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I will always fondly remember the RGD demo, wherein there's finally the budget to commission nearly all the sprite work, but at the last minute one side character is drawn by R07 and she stick out like a giant loving neon sign

• Locked thread