Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Games > Let's Play! > Weekend At Kinzo's - Let's Play Umineko Chiru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Did we ever get a red confirming that the mystery caller had to have been someone on the island that we physically saw? Knox's 1st wouldn't apply if the culprit was phone, as they were clearly introduced, nor would the 10th, as the conversations with Natsuhi dropped plenty of valid clues as to a potential identity.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

So, Lion is the child Natsuhi and Krauss wished Jessica could be, and is likely the cliff baby to boot. Beatrice is a known, if dead, quantity, and the matter of the headship is settled--but with a silver ring... like the sort that Battler was engaged with. Something symbolic of the headship/lordship in a false, mocking way.

All this plus Bernkastel's constant disembowelment talk make me think that this was originally written by Lion rather than Auau, and Will is being put in there to kill the world they want.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

PetraCore posted:

I-

Hm.

To me, the really sad part is that the siblings flawlessly solved the riddle by working together before any murders could even be committed, but they couldn't handle the lure of the gold once it was actually in front of them. Yasu didn't even really do anything in this scenario, but everything fell apart brutally anyway, because the heart of the problem was never Yasu. The heart of the problem is all the damage Kinzo inflicted on his family, including Yasu. By raising his kids in such a way that they find it impossible to trust each other, this happened. And Kinzo probably wouldn't even have cared if he could see it, except for Yasu getting shot.

I wonder if Bernkastel can't show the 100% accurate scenario without the aid of someone who was there, so she just sorted through the infinite Fragments for one that was close enough. The heart of the tragedy she's using to hurt Lion and Ange is that a) the gold was found before any murders were committed in the first place and the bomb was disarmed, b) nobody could work together well enough to actually deal with everything after, everyone died, and c) Ange's parents played a pivotal role in committing the massacre. Those are probably the key parts? The question is if Bernkastel is willing to fudge any of those parts and claim them as accurate to what happened for real when they're not.

Given the nature of Fragments as presented, I'm sure there's at least one where every Ushiromiya takes the place of Eva in Ange's. I don't doubt that with the right circumstances in play, even Rosa would do what Kyrie and Rudolf just did.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

resurgam40 posted:

Though not as sorry as I feel for Gohda, who didn't even know about any of this and did nothing to deserve the agonies visited upon him. Oh Gohda, forgive me that I was so mean to you in the first episode, I grasp you along with Battler in my big apology hug :cry:

Watch ep8 introduce Gohda's witch form and reveal that he was originally Hitler's personal chef that stowed away on the submarine and got plastic surgery to avoid being hunted down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Kytrarewn posted:

Bernkastel is the best.

My theory on the culprit, in the absence of evidence, is going to be that it's Erika, who we know, but are supposed to have forgotten, actually is a mortal character who exists on or near Rokkenjima in 1986 and not just a witch's piece or the personification of some object or another. It's just the type of misdirection that would be fun, and Will and Dlanor admitted that it's possible for there to be a masterpiece that does not obey the laws of Dine/Knox (in this case, the "Chinaman" one) as long as it's fun.

I do enjoy that in retrospect, the inclusion of the Taiwan thing probably started as part of a deliberate attempt to break all the rules

• Locked thread