Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZiegeDame posted:

Although right after winning Shannon collapses like a puppet with cut strings and disappears from the story. So all picking Shannon ever leads to is leaving a pretty corpse.

Yeah though that seems to more or less due to Yasu being suicidal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I don't think Nanjo chose a gender for the baby. He just did all he could to save it's life and in the end it was not super clear what sex the baby used to be. Genji and or the Orphanage decided to go with girl.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZiegeDame posted:

Nanjo delivered that baby, he knew what their genitals looked like before the fall.

I know that I am saying I doubt Nanjo had any input on the gender choosing area.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tired Moritz posted:

Im trying to sell someone on umineko and they said they don't like grimdark vns. What can I say to convince them?

Also it's not really grimdark.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZiegeDame posted:

There's a pretty big gap between heaping affection on someone and tormenting her to the point that you have armed men bring her to your hospital room so you can tell her to go gently caress herself from your deathbed.

I thought Ange went and visited Eva on her death bed herself. To try and get the truth form her one last time.

Also it seems less that Eva tormented Ange that Ange was determined to be miserable no matter what. Combined with Eva suffering from Madness.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ytlaya posted:

As someone else mentioned, it wasn't just Yasu pushed off the cliff; a servant was also killed (which is especially bad when you remember most of the servants were teenagers from Fukuin).

Also, it's not just ugly scarring or something; the actual parts were destroyed (thus the "literally can't 'love'" stuff). I only mention this because I feel that the fact it wasn't just a cosmetic thing is very important.

The servant was stated as being old. Not that it makes it better.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Geroge even said he wants kids. So she is likely even more afraid of rejection because of that.

It's kind of awful she decides on death rather then revealing the truth.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Oct 15, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So it appears that asking Bern to bring Erika back was a stupid idea. Battler needs to stop saying he will never forgive someone cause he clearly never means it. And Erika is an rear end in a top hat who is one again trying to ruin everything.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SystemLogoff posted:

I'm sad Erica was not being a hero. I'm holding out hope for that.

Yeah and all I could think was. Battler what did you think would happen when you asked Bernkastsel to bring her back. Given that she never stopped being awful to you, and has now shown that she plans to continue to be awful.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EagerSleeper posted:

Ftfy.

Battler should not be a therapist.

Ange: And so my life has been a terrible hell from which I want to escape from by any means possible, made so in no small part due to my extremely abusive aunt putting me into situations in which ensured my isolation and ostracism from my fellow human beings.

Battler therapist: Have you... tried loving them more? I'm pretty sure they're a good person underneath. Can't judge a book by its cover!

Ange: *flips a table*

Erika Therapist: Also you started the feud with your aunt who tried to be nice to you for years until she broke under own grief. Combined with the fact you never even tried to make your life better, in any situations you were put into. From what I can tell everything is your fault. Just from your misery alone this level of reasoning is possible for Erika Furudo. What do you think everyone?

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 12, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Appearntly According to R7. Sayo Yasuda or just Sayo is the proper name to think of them as. Mainly cause Sayo does not like the nickname Yasu. (Shannon being considered a different thing from Sayo) Also it appears that Yoshiya Kanon's allegedly real name is a backwards kana spelling of Sayo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah everything wrong with what Ange did can be pointed out with that Erika segment in episode 6. Taking after someone like Erika is awful.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The manga gives some answers to that Battler scene and the lead up to it. Kyrie had blanks in her gun Along with what appears to be the entire premise of what is going on with the Meta world.

http://mangakakalot.com/chapter/umineko_no_naku_koro_ni_chiru_episode_8_twilight_of_the_golden_witch/chapter_37

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 28, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

curiousCat posted:

She still killed Rosa and Hideyoshi, didn't she?

There were blanks in the gun, but not all of them were blanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dotchan posted:

In so far as "not coming back, ever", no. Battler disappeared because of circumstances beyond control and Toya took over for the body to keep it going. Once Battler reawakened Toya was supposed to take a back-seat because he was just a stopgap. That he didn't, that he almost killed the two of them because he couldn't handle reality intruding on his pretty little illusion, is repeating the same sin that created him in the first place.

Brain Damage can't be helped.

• Locked thread