Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Fabulousvillain posted:

I'm already lost but that's alright, this 5th game is already off to an interesting start. Like everyone else I'm wondering where this goofy child came from.

Like every other mystery in the story, the answer is of course magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alopex
May 31, 2012

CottonWolf posted:

Yeah, I had him down as around 20. Does Japan have massively different expectations as to when people reach maturity?

I think you become a full legal adult at 20? So, if Battler, Jessica, Maria, Shannon, or Kanon did any murders, Japanese newspapers wouldn't be allowed to release their names and would have to call them Boy A or Girl B or whatever.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

I cried a little.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Tender Child Loins posted:

A few years ago, I posted in a FYAD name change thread and Zach (I think) stuck me with this. I just haven't had a good idea for a name change, plus I can't justify spending the money to do it. v:shobon:v

I keep reading it as Tender Child Lions and thinking Sakutaro. Uu-uu.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

bman in 2288 posted:

Anyways, that's my two cents.

Goddammit

Alopex
May 31, 2012

ProfessorProf posted:

"...So, you're having me read a mystery novel you already know the answer to, just so you can enjoy watching me blunder about."

Alopex
May 31, 2012

bman in 2288 posted:

Looks like they're playing up the "childhood friends" angle in a very horrific way. Imagine being strung along for that long.

This has myself asking, though, has Rudolf actually settled down after getting married to Kyrie, or does he have another mistress on-hand like with Asumu?

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Desks shaped like beds are the future of office furnishing

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Cyouni posted:

Well let's see. We have Krauss/Natsuhi, which doesn't even need to be said. Eva/Hideyoshi, which I'm decently sure we can hand to Eva. Rudolf/Kyrie, and we've had it pounded in that Kyrie's the smarter one of the pair. So, yes.

Rosa's boyfriend may be the smartest character in the game for looking at his potential inlaws and running for the hills.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

The true title of this episode, The Kinkshaming of the Golden Witch

Alopex
May 31, 2012

ZiegeDame posted:

I am still getting a kick out of how All people can only use their own names!! does nothing to restrict the fact that one of the people in that room has like 6 different names.

Is this what it's been like for the resident witches this whole time?

cackle.wav

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Fabulousvillain posted:

Who said they were using hands?

Lion's physical appearance is another narrative trick. In reality, Lion is in fact a giant lobster.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

It's super funny to me after all this that the most innocent character is probably Gohda. Man just wants to cook.

Just like Walter White.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

ZiegeDame posted:

So that doll is new, could have been the 'Beatrice' that Kanon/Shannon talked to/brought tea to when playing with Maria. Could also have been placed in the VIP room specifically to prank Jessica, though it would have had to have come form somewhere, and they only had half a day to set up that prank so buying a new doll just for that is unlikely but not impossible. (Weird Twins actually makes buying a new doll easier if only one of them was working that day, but it isn't really needed for this mystery.)

Kinzo has strange hobbies and I wouldn't put doll collecting past him either.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

ZiegeDame posted:

I suppose it doesn't contradict any red for 17 year old Battler to have met a 13 year old Furude Rika when he was living with Asumu's parents, but I'm gonna say it'd go even beyond Weird Twins in the realm of being highly unlikely.

Though that does remind me, I thought of a little game we could play to fill the time while Prof is on break. Think up the most ludicrous, batshit theory you can that doesn't contradict any red truth we've seen. I'm talking poo poo that'll make small bombs seem reasonable. Knox's rules need not apply.

The real way the culprit gets around all those locked rooms is by clinging to the ceiling like Spider-Man. Nobody ever thinks to look up

Alopex
May 31, 2012

The best part about Umineko cosplay is Gaap, and that some people go whole hog on the dress gap, some people use fleshtone fabric on the dress itself, or wear spandex underneath it... but absolutely nobody wears the hot pink platform shoes, because you have to draw a line in the sand and those things are hideous crimes against fashion and nature.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

resurgam40 posted:

There we have what, exactly? Nice try, but enough bones have been made about the red truth and how it can be misused to create a false conclusion... or to create a trap for its user, either by walling off specific possibility or by creating a paradox due to a lack of proof. Here, especially, for such a theoretical and relative term as happiness: So it won't be a happy ending- but for whom?

Us

Alopex
May 31, 2012

There are three versions of the story left.

One of them contains the truth. The other two contain Goat-kun.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

RedMagus posted:

Voting A because you can fly around the world in a really fast jet and make it to 2 Christmas at once! Santa won't bring you gifts twice though, so it's not worth it.

If you fly fast enough can you escape Christmas entirely?

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Please do not spoil the existence of the true final boss, the anthropomorphic cliff who looks like a young woman with no pants on.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

dotchan posted:

Bern's throwing the baby

No, that was Natsuhi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alopex
May 31, 2012

I bet Toya is Dr Lou