Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
By the existence of tear-away clothing, this level of costume drama is possible for Furude Erika. What do you think, everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

It's fantastic. (Also, if the Witchchat is real, then witches are real, naturally.)

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

I'm going to take the talk of them being middle school and near-middle school in this update as a quiet George Age retcon, rendering his age from earlier in the story as incorrect. Because I need that.

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Agreed on the damnit, Genji. The dress adds an extra layer of creepy that you were trying to avoid, Genji. And also that Witchcore and the thread did splendidly in solving the epitaph, totally blowing us all away. I will forever be able to say that the epitaph can be solved, in English, before Chiru, which I didn't entirely believe before.

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

It was.

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Is it? I mean, if the adults all found the room and the firearms and ammunition were there waiting, these assholes probably would've slaughtered each other and everyone else.

Don't forget the gold and the bomb! The guns were known all along, after all: they're Kinzo's. The point of contention is in that "if," and trying to imagine how finding the three items, guns, gold, and bomb all at once in a world without Yasu or the Epitaph would work. But yeah, it'd still totally happen if the opportunity arose, but the how without resorting to a "Don't think about it too hard" is a little more mysterious.

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Beatrice just performed a splendid bit of Magic. I'm a witch, though, so my vote can count as much as you want it to.

That said, I don't want to double back later, so I think I'd like to see Trick first.

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

For people at the time, "when something else cries" was very far away... But for those reading it now, "when something else cries" is not far off; the next WTC is in the works. I have my fingers crossed for some kindly fan translation team emerging.

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

This has been a real joy, to see a beautiful story given its completion here, and to have enjoyed it so much, just for having everyone to read it with, both here in the thread and in witch chat; it really opened up Umineko for me in a way that really made me happy. Thanks, Prof!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Lion's birthday is 11/29, though whether that is the birthday of Ushiromiya Lion, Kinzo's child/granchild... Or the birthday of Lion, the 1/2,578,917 hope, who was certainly born in a way that day, is a very good question. Either way, the thread ends on the day in its title.

D3m3 fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 30, 2017

• Locked thread