Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Zack Ater posted:

Prof, there's a point when they're talking about Rosa having fallen asleep, when you've used Ronove's image, but I imagine it should have been someone else? I'd guess Rudolf or Kyrie. Sorry for the lack of quote, I'm phone posting :v:

What's interesting about Erika's introduction?

e: it's this line: "There's a chance we might be forced to spend all night on this. Getting a nap in now is probably a smart idea."

The 'E' in Erika (ヱ) is an archaic version of the character エ, which is weird because the rest of her first name is in katakana, which indicates it's a transliterated foreign name. As for why that is, your guess is as good as mine. Probably Bern being an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Went and looked it up out of curiosity - the phrase is 知的強姦者, for which 'intellectual rapist' is a direct, literal translation. (For accuracy's sake, my dictionary doesn't actually list 強姦者 as rapist, but 強姦 is rape and 者 is person/'someone who does [x]', so there you go.) Horrible phrase for a horrible girl, pretty much.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

resurgam40 posted:

First thought of the episode: Well, at least Kyrie seems to care a little about Battler's well being, even if she is still using him to get gold.

Second thought: Krauss :smith: Man, I actually feel sorry for him now; he does have moments of being a good husband now and then, glory be, and at least he's willing to accept the consequences of his actions. I'm still amazed at the fact that the best Ushiromiya sibling is Krauss, World's Worst Investor, but I guess that's the story for you- there's that paradigm shift I was talking about.

This is one of Ryukishi's greatest strengths as a writer, I think. Every* character is so wonderfully complicated. Rereading Umineko in LP form is really making me appreciate character nuances I missed in my own playthrough.

*Except Gohda. Gohda just wants to cook, dammit.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm trying to think of a reason why Kyrie is bad but I can't think of any. Maybe her envy problem/questionable taste in men but eeh could be worse.

Kyrie really is the best "real" character right now.

:colbert: Kyrie is the worst.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Cyouni posted:

I agree they can count as two servants. However, we again run into this line: The only master keys are the ones held by the servants, one key each. The only way to lock this door is with Jessica's single key or the master keys, only one of which is held by each servant. Only one of which is held. So no servant holds two. This is something that could have theoretically been worked around with 'is given to each servant', but it specifically uses the wording 'held by' multiple times.

Other interesting note I keep forgetting to mention: This update is perfect for showing how Lambda's 'bully rule' applies to Erika.

The original text uses 持つ motsu: have, hold, own. It's not as specific as the English.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

A little bit of charm is lost with Beato's PS3 expressions, so here's the original in all her glory.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Graylien posted:

What's this a reference to? It sounds interesting.

Persona 5, where people's hosed-up mental states are represented by a magic labyrinth and you can make them less hosed-up by destroying it.

So, our phantom thieves are ... Battler, Will, Lion, Ange? Not a bad team, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Sefal posted:

It took me 5 weeks but I just finished episode 4. What a ride.
Shame that the later 4 episodes aren't localized.
My current theory: 'kanon' died but he lives on with his real name. and will kill battler on the island.
Culprit is also close to Maria since in all but 1 episode she survives until the end and the last episode has her killed peacefully

I can finally start reading this thread. Hope I can catch up quickly. I haven't read a single post yet. But i am anxious to start.

This is the thread that keeps on giving :3: godspeed, friend!

• Locked thread