Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Bern is seriously the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

tiistai posted:

Source your quotes

Probably talking about the EP4 final debate where Beato goes all "everyone acknowledged Kinzo was in the room with them" and Battler then shoots down Kinzo-dragon with "Kinzo could be the inherited name of the family head, so people can acknowledge Kinzo without grandfather being alive".

Edit:
More precisely
Beato(Red): All of those who met at the family conference acknowledged the presence of Kinzo.

...back and forth about body doubles, which Beato dismisses with Red saying "No person would mistake Ushiromiya Kinzo by sight. No matter what disguise might be used, they would not mistake Ushiromiya Kinzo by sight!"

Battler(Blue): My theory is that Kinzo's name is passed on as a title of the Ushiromiya family head. Ushiromiya Kinzo was already dead. And he passed his name on to someone else. Everyone acknowledged it! And therefore, 'all of those present at the family conference acknowledged the existence of Kinzo'!

Shinji117 fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 21, 2017

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

Am I supposed to be a little mystified at this point about exactly what the gold truth is? Because I admit that I don't understand it. It's something only the gamemaster uses, and sometimes is better than other kinds of truth and sometimes worse? It doesn't explain a lot. Is this like someone who already read the book giving you hints about the ending?

I personally think of Gold as a kinda of Word Of God thing. Whether it's weak or strong could be about whether you accept authorial intent or go all Death of the Author. Battler/the GM guarantees to the readers that X is X, even if human and Red truths can't perfectly cover the matter.

But that's just my current theory about Gold.

Shinji117 fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 23, 2017

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Yeah, Gaap just appears outta nowhere to go all "btw your theory sucks now that Red isn't being hogged by Miracles and Certainty"

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

font color sea posted:

Probably right there:

You could easily like tie a string with something heavy on the end to the gun, shoot yourself, and when you drop dead, the gun is gone and no one will find it unless they are prepared to go down into the well (which Battler of course didn't).

edit: wasn't there a Sherlock Holmes story with something similar?

Yep. It was on a bridge though (story is called "The Problem of Thor Bridge" I believe), and the weight of the gun pulled the whole string contraption into the river below.

Tired Moritz posted:

I literally can't remember what chapter that is from.

EP4 when Battler is examining everything prior to having his small bombs duel with Beatrice.

Shinji117 fucked around with this message at 10:00 on May 6, 2017

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Metagaming murderous detectives are the worst.

"There are only three people including me in this scenario, so now if I, the detective and so not the murderer, shoot X then you, Y, are culprit! Simply through the existence of Knox's rules this level of 'reasoning' is possible for me..."

Shinji117 fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 19, 2017

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

witchcore ricepunk posted:

Refresh my memory about where that red statement came from?
It was said here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813772&pagenumber=42&perpage=40#post472262914 in response to some jerkwad saying that it was possible Maria never physically met Beatrice for her to do her trick/magic and she's lying about the whole encounter.
Edit: Witch'd

Shinji117 fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 15, 2017

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

bman in 2288 posted:

Remember to source your red text for right now.

Pretty sure it was from when Beatrice was showing Battler the whole cliff fiasco.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Cyouni posted:

C. 78

It helps if silver is one of the few atomic numbers that I actually can recognize on sight.

That's not very nice though, Kanon.

Yeah, this is pretty easy for us with the internet and all, but for a small child operating from mostly their own knowledge this one is kinda tricksy.

Shinji117 fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 13, 2017

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

ZiegeDame posted:

So, based on previous discussion of when it was spoiler-free, am I to assume that, in the fighting game, Erika's player 2 sprite isn't wearing a pirate hat?

What a waste.
She does have an attack where she puts on her hat. It involves the WMGoats (Wild Mass Guessing Goats) also.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Bern taking a punch to the face is one of those moments of fiction that I can always look back on and smile about.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Magic is real, and should be what we end on so go with Trick first.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Rodyle posted:

last I saw, in rose gun days, he had both started to cede almost all the major art to other artists and added actual fingers to his own characters

Yeah, RGD characters look like normalish-for-anime, if very lanky, characters rather than mittenhands.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

resurgam40 posted:

In term of things that make me cry, Battler/Tohya's thing is up there. But then I got to this part.

And I lost it. Had to go to the bathroom to compose myself again, because the beauty of a story has blinded me and brought me to my knees. Because it is a story not ultimately of cruelty or pain, but of redemption. Not just Ange's or Battlers, but of the Ushiromiya name itself.

In focusing not on the cruelty that destroyed them but the kindness they showed to each other, Ange has brought forth the gold among the dross. And a place that was portrayed as a raising ground for the family servants is shown to become a hospice for children without families. It no longer matters whether the Halloween party was real or not, because Ange has made it real by creating a place of love. And to honor the cousin which showed her the ways of magic through finding happiness and joy in small things, she has used Sakutarou, the avatar of Maria's better angels, to give thousands of other lonely children the comfort and companionship that both Ange and Maria did not receive... and could not give each other in life. It means that Ange has forgiven her family for the hurts that dragged them down, and that has allowed her to forgive herself for not embracing theri memory or remembering their better natures- this entire story might be seen as the journey from the doubt and condemnation of the faults of the past to an embrace of the goodness they possessed. And all of this would have been enough... But Ange does not stop there. Because the embrace and understanding of the past has led to a greater understanding of the crime, and of its perpetrator, who was crushed under the weight of her sin and expected no forgiveness or mercy.

But mercy, and forgiveness has at last come. Because the Witch of Resurrection has brought the culprit back, brought them away from that terrible place that they were hurt, and which destroyed them with a terrible truth and became their tomb. The Witch of Healing has embraced Yasu, kissed her and said, "I know. I too know the pain and loneliness of being without a home, and I forgive you. And you shall not languish here, among the seaweed, forgotten and in pain. The world will remember you, not as the dark thing you became, but the spirit of glory you wished you could be. As the secret ally of Maria, as the dear friend of Jessica and the beloved of George... and of Battler- you are the patron of this family, and in recognition of you love, I will do what my brother could not. You were the architect of this story, and though it ended in pain and regret... it is my story now, and you shall go to the ball."

And thus a tale which began as one of cruelty and murder... becomes one of repentance and embrace. Just as the last time something cried, I had forgotten that there are many reasons for tears. What a wonderful trick. What a glorious ending. What a... what... a...

...What a miracle.

My god.

The Witch of Miracles promised no miracles, and yet a miracle came. I had thought the story, and the Witches part in it, was the instrument to engineer the miracle for Ange to live and find happiness. But Ange... was the instrument... and the miracle was for...

The manga bit of that part is one of those piece that will make me tear up on command when I read it. Even the wordless pages make me misty eyed just by themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

ZiegeDame posted:

Exactly. One of the images appears to show to full roster and Kyrie isn't on it. I just wanted to see a super move called 18 Years of Jealousy, is that too much to ask?

B Battler has a move that uses culprit-Kyrie and Rudolf like in Bern's Purple Truth game.

• Locked thread