Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

ProfessorProf posted:

"...Do you want to acknowledge that a witch actually existed here and drank tea with Natsuhi? Weren't you trying to deny the existence of witches?"
"...Yes, during the game of the two day period from October 4th to October 5th, 1986. But I have no desire to question whether or not witches exist outside that game board. In the first place, it's impossible to deny the existence of witches because of the Devil's Proof. And, according to the rules of this game, saying something like that in red is a forbidden move that leads to a stalemate. You can't deny the existence of witches even with the red truth."

Could someone tell me if Battler's stance on witches always like this? Cause I'm wondering if this is a sign of Battler's character development or if I've been misinterpreting Battler's stance on witches since the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

tiistai posted:

Basically character development, although he hasn't ever been concerned with denying witches outside of the gameboard from what I remember. I mean, he's been interacting with them for a while now too and doesn't seem to question it.

Yeah I guess. It just seems like his first stance was denying witches wholesale, not just on the gameboard. Maybe I just confused some of the other posters' stances with Battler's.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
Well at least now I don't think I have to worry that the Metaworld will turn out to have all been a metaphor if Battler wins in the end.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

RedMagus posted:

I guess the next question is to establish who would be about nineteen? Kanon? Battler?

To quote Futurama: "that just raises more questions!"

I don't think its anyone who has been to the family conference in the past 19 years, since the caller mentioned that they would come to the family conference after 19 years.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

Qrr posted:

We have straight up evidence that that's not true. The epitaph has been solved twice, and both times the murders have continued afterwards.

Though it is possible that this set of murders won't follow the epitaph, but there will still definitely be murders.

It can be true if it means that if the epitaph is solved Beatrice won't kill anyone. Anyone else on the island can kill people after the epitaph is solved but Beatrice won't. After the epitaph was solved in the third game, with the exception of mercy killing Rosa and Maria, Beatrice didn't kill anyone. And we don't know who performed the first six murders after the epitaph was solved this time.

Edit: The letter in the first episode does say that if someone can solve the epitaph then Beatrice will return everything. That doesn't prevent someone else other than Beatrice from killing everyone else.

savixeon fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 30, 2017

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
I did forget that we had already been told who is suspected of doing the murders this time. Has it been confirmed in red that Erika is right?

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
Does anyone else feel like punching Dlanor in the face?

I mean, she's a great character and all and an interesting addition to the story but she feels arrogant enough to deserve a punch in the face.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
I retract my statement about wanting to punch Dlanor in the face.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

Skylight posted:

As well you SHOULD. :colbert:

I understand my mistake now that Battler has jumped out of a third story window in one of the most amazing ways possible thanks to Dlanor setting up the room. And having an adorable moment between Battler and Beato right after that jump helps too.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
How close are we to catching up to the state of the game board that was shown at the beginning of this episode?

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

thetruegentleman posted:

There's also something else bothering me: Beato has already admitted that she didn't know about the murders until the stupid sexy stake sisters told her, so insisting, "I, Beatrice, claim that the culprit in this game is not human! I am the culprit!" makes little sense. The only logical explanation is that there are multiple Beatrices, just like there must be another person with the name/title "Kinzo", as that's the most likely reason Battler was able to break Cornelia's Red Truth barrier when she tried insisting that Kinzo didn't go out the window. Of course, since Battler has the family ring, he's probably the new Kinzo, but it might also be Kanon if he's a direct heir. That would be an interesting case, because that would make Shannon the likely Beatrice, considering how close Kanon is with her, and how she's his sister.

Beatrice might be saying that because she has to posit that a witch committed the murders to keep up the illusion of the witch. So even though she didn't know about the murders she is claiming that she did it to keep up the illusion that a human could not commit the murders and to protect Natsuhi. Also she is the only witch who is directly involved in the game board, so if she wants everyone to believe that a witch did it she is the only witch that she can claim did do it.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

PetraCore posted:

Umineko: Everyone has reasons for acting the way they act, no matter how vile, and most people are just trying to do the best with the cards they've been dealt, no matter how poorly they cope.
Also Umineko: gently caress Kinzo though.

I think this also fits Umineko pretty well. At least it does for me.
Umineko: An explanation of your actions has not been, is not, and will never be an excuse for those actions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
Did Battler ever interact with her outside of the family conference before his mother died?

• Locked thread