Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Voting A because you can fly around the world in a really fast jet and make it to 2 Christmas at once! Santa won't bring you gifts twice though, so it's not worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Every puzzle has a solution! The answer is A- Grapefruit!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
A; I always like the variation asking what color is the bear since that's a bit more lateral.

It's nice seeing them act like a family. usually when reading some of my books you get this kind of behavior at the front-end, then the backstabbing and skeletons in the closet as the story progresses.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Mathmatically it goes from 50mm (5cm) -> 25mm -> 12.5mm -> 6.25mm on hour three, but are they going to pull a trick like "what about the length of the flame at the start?" or "the residual heat melted it into a puddle"?

Still, seems pretty straight forward: :argh: yea there always is a trick. E

RedMagus fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 10, 2017

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

resurgam40 posted:

... Oh, Battler. You poor, sweet, good boy; you constant inheritor of Sisyphean tasks beyond your abilities. There is no anger in me anymore for you, not after eight punishing chapters... there is only sadness. Sadness for you, for Ange, for everyone caught in this maelstrom that they don't deserve. Because I can see why Ange misses you, how you charmed a young Yasu all those years ago... You are the nicest guy; the best brother or boss anyone could ever hope for. You unquestionably deserve better than you've gotten, or are going to get. You're a great protagonist... you're the best.

And you should never, ever have attempted to do what you did tonight. Because no matter what you really are, a sorcerer from beyond time, a guardian angel, or a dream that Ange can't let go of... You don't get it. You have either been too absent from Ange these 12 years and still see her as the precocious, moody six-year-old you remember but no longer exists... or you are a chimerical creature composed of only some of the parts that create a human mind. Real or imagined, you are composed in Ange's mind of what some would say are the best parts of humanity, and would probably be correct... of all of the things that save and uplift us from the drudgery of the present. Battler is happiness, Battler is wonder, Battler is mercy for ourselves and others... Battler is, above all, hope. And hope is incompetent.

This has been eating at me all day. So permit me to break in for a moment.

Don't lose hope now!

You're absolutely right, life is a bastard, and every day a million different things happen that grind the soul to dust, and know what is going on in the world should send us all screaming into the darkness, until our bodies break and fall apart, and we are left in a corner stewing in our own waste, waiting for the end to come, because it's a drat sight better to die now than have to deal with one more day of this tortured existence, this pitiful god-forsaken world.

But dammit, we have hope because there exist a reason to get up each morning, a reason to pull ourselves from the ash-heap of yesterday and burn bright as the sun, to push one more drat inch forward, no matter how hard we get kicked back, because dammit, even if it's only an inch, it's one inch more than yesterday! Ange has gotten trashed, and trashed hard, and she's gonna have a hard life moving forward, but right now, right this second, I feel she needs this moment, to remember that yes, the world has it's darkness, but it's light, and it's all in the grays of the world that we live in. And Battler is an incompetent charmer, but he's on fire, and he's lighting her a touch so she can get through this dark moment. Because sometimes all you need is that one spark, that one bright moment, to find that life is worth fighting for, worth living.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Honestly my first instinct would be to select everyone and mash confirm. It seems like the kind of story Bern would create and have Ange be watching in the background so she could let them "win" but still have her vengeance by crushing Ange's innocent image of Battler.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm just a sideline guesser, but I have a small grin seeing Erika come back onto the board. And thanks to people who are explaining what's going on, this is why I love LPs.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Cyouni posted:

Huh, so the choice at the end is just going to be between Bern's view and Battler's.

Bern's view would have Ange rip open the cat box to expose its guts, to find the Single Truth.
Battler's view would then presumably be the opposite, that finding the Single Truth is unnecessary, and that all that is needed is to keep the good memories of those who have passed in your heart.

Assuming we're picking for Ange, and not my own self-satisfaction, I'm not sure which one is the correct one. Depending on the truth hidden in the book, that could be worse than not knowing it, even if it gives Ange that closure that she so desperately needs. Closure is kind of important, though.

Maybe Ange will pick her own option, and choose both, or neither? I think that'd be a satisfying ending, deciding to hell with this, I have a life to go live.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Goat-kun will finally have his moment to shine, and be the new star of this LP!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ZiegeDame posted:

For real though, that last image is so great. Real tempted to make that into an avatar.

e: To add a little more content to this post, what's so great here is all these goats using anti-fantasy to deny the magical parts of Battler's Happy Ending, when what they really want to destroy is the idea of a happy ending itself. As if a realistic mystery story is any less fictional than a fantasy. As if a mystery can't have a happy ending. As if something being sad makes it more real. As if this sea of goats actually cares about the truth more than their morbid entertainment at the suffering of others.

It reminds me of those people who always complain about movies having a "Disney ending" and wanting it to be sad and painful and "more realistic". Which, ok maybe it's a decent critique, but sometimes the reason it has a happy ending is not for realism, but to make a point, or to provide an emotional release for the audience.

also :smug:Dlanor is awesome

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ZiegeDame posted:

Meanwhile, Lion is the only person talking sense.

I mean, they are the once in a billion miracle of the family, of course they'd also be the only one to have common sense.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart?
How the musicgameboard can free her, whenever it starts~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the ride Prof, I wish I could of been more active in it, but I hope you've enjoyed having us here as much as we have enjoyed being here with you.

• Locked thread